• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer convicted in off-duty gun incident

IcrewUH60

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/115953209.html

How about aggravated assault and why not felony counts?

I guess it depends on what he was charged with. Do we know the official charge from the DA? The jury only determines the guilt or the innocence of the charges before them.

I doubt the DA/Court System would allow such "minor" infractions to be punished to the fullest extent of the law :banghead: especially against one of their own.

smithman

Had the people in the other car been carrying, they probably would have shot the off-duty cop out of rightful fear for their own lives. Then they would have been in quite a situation to explain how they had to shoot a cop in self-defense. Unfortunately this would receive even more scrutiny than a private citizen shooting a private citizen in self-defense. Sad, but the justice system protects the justice system employees way more than anybody thinks. The fact that he's no longer an LEO is surprising to me given how much they can get away with. Just retrain them and all the problems are solved, right?

IcrewUH60

Had the people in the other car been carrying, they probably would have shot the off-duty cop out of rightful fear for their own lives. Then they would have been in quite a situation to explain how they had to shoot a cop in self-defense. Unfortunately this would receive even more scrutiny than a private citizen shooting a private citizen in self-defense. Sad, but the justice system protects the justice system employees way more than anybody thinks. The fact that he's no longer an LEO is surprising to me given how much they can get away with. Just retrain them and all the problems are solved, right?

Had the other people in the car been carrying, it would have been unloaded and encased :banghead:

my money is on him getting transferred to another PD in another state/town hence the misdemeanor charges not felony. The thin blue line is getting thinner by the day.

M

McX

looks like he got lucky, but to me a criminal with a badge is still a criminal.

protias

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...arked-Police-officer-doesn-t-announce-himself

protias

I had to add this one to it all...
http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/116094309.html

Looks like it only took Flynn about three years to fire this one. But I guess he was only a rapist. Oh, I'm sorry, I guess 16 is the new 18... My bad...
And Ed Flynn wants his troops to knock me to the ground, and see if I have a right to open carry...
That "man" is disgusting! I couldn't even read more than a few paragraphs.