• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Reno

chrsjhnsn

some parts of Sun Valley are nice but some are not, look around carefully - if it looks ghetto, it is.

The Montello neighborhood ( 9th Oddie - Wedekend /Sutro ) should be avoided as well as Neil Road area.

If you drive around Reno basically any neighborhood that has the baggy/saggy types hanging about or the shaved heads tatooed necks are places to avoid.

Though to be honest, you can carry a gun and have a lot less to be concerned about.
Armed people generally make poor victims.

Noel

Hill billy's or gang members?

My wife and I want a luxury apartment and are leaning towards Waterstone at Kiley Ranch… But it appears to be pretty close to Sun Valley… I ran into a guy who has lived in Reno the last 40 years and stated that it is the felon capital of the world… Good old boys don’t scare me as much as the gang members do… So Which one is it in Sun Valley? I will probably open carry a lot until I can get my CCW

chrsjhnsn

it only looks close on a map, there is no way to really walk to Kiley Ranch from sun valley, no busses really going that way either. its a world away. & sun valley is more like rednecks and poorer white people. As a taxi driver I used to go out there all the time - never ever a problem and I worked the graveyard.

Nowadays everything is a felony, there is a Nam Vet in sun valley who got one 40 yrs ago after punching a hippie who called him a baby killer. ... how fair is it that the brave et who served honorably can't legally own a gun?
I've picked the guy up from his favorite bar a few times, I would trust him a lot more then I would Rosie O'Donnel

Noel

Oh! I can't stand Rosie O'Donnel... Thats funny you said that... She is the one person on TV that I will get up and leave the room if she comes on...

Thats the exact answer I was looking for; thanks! People have a tendency to make it sound worse then it really is... Thanks again.... Noel

Last edited:

Noel

Well... I will be following this storm over tomorrow to spend 3 days in Reno... My wife and I have about 20 apartment complexes we want to see... I don't think we can see them all in that time but we will hit as many as we can... I wish I could be there for the gun show but thats not the agenda this time around... Thanks for your help with this guys... You have been great... It speaks well for the type of people who live there... Thanks again ... Noel

chrsjhnsn

I drove up Pyramid way the other day, Kiley Ranch is a world away from sun valley also in the Spanish Springs area- an affluent section and generally really really safe.

Most folks don't even know that a road connects the two but its over a small mountain so you'll never know unless you drive.

I wish I could come on down and greet you but maybe this spring we'll have an open carry pot luck.

Noel

I drove up Pyramid way the other day, Kiley Ranch is a world away from sun valley also in the Spanish Springs area- an affluent section and generally really really safe.

Most folks don't even know that a road connects the two but its over a small mountain so you'll never know unless you drive.

I wish I could come on down and greet you but maybe this spring we'll have an open carry pot luck.
Thanks I would like that... Noel