Thread: Gander Mountain Academy Opening soon in Lacrosse WI

Gander Mountain Academy Opening soon in Lacrosse WI

La Crosse, WI - April 2011
    Gander Mtn. Academy announces the opening of our second location in La Crosse, Wisconsin scheduled for the end of April.

I looked into this a bit. prices are kinda high. $40 for an hour of live fire indoor range or $40 for 1/2 hour of virtual range. $100-$150 for a 2 1/2 hour class. Also situational simulations for around $60 for a half hour.

This is why mandatory training would be bad. Imagine the costs that you would be forced to pay if the state required you take 5 of these classes along with 50 hours of range time. I can imagine that as training costs go this would be considered cheap! Not everyone can afford these costs to protect themselves and family.

Makes you think why they plan on opening their 2nd academy in WI. Do they plan on a huge surge of business when Wisconsin repeals the concealed weapons ban? Will they have a hand in writing the concealed weapons bill complete with mandatory training?

I am glad that they are opening this here. I would think that they are doing this because people want it, not because the state demands it. It does look really great. I think I will be visiting my brother in law in Lacrosse after April to check it out.

https://academy.gandermountain.com

No surprise here- Gander's prices are so out of line...I haven't bought a thing there in a few years. In fact, a good friend of mine recently ceased working at one---He grew tired of being the whipping post for customers who were disgusted with prices set by the idiot sitting behind a desk somewhere.

Luckily, we have some good gunshops in my area--and of course...Scheel's is 100 yards away from Gander.

skorittnig
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Yeah Im also looking at a pistol at Gander and at another place. Gander is quite a bit more. For instance a Ruger LCP(not what Im looking at) is 360 at gander and only 300 at a local gun shop. I think the Gander acadamey would be worth checking out once or twice, but at that price I cant afford to do that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Yeah Im also looking at a pistol at Gander and at another place. Gander is quite a bit more. For instance a Ruger LCP(not what Im looking at) is 360 at gander and only 300 at a local gun shop. I think the Gander acadamey would be worth checking out once or twice, but at that price I cant afford to do that often.
    Interesting thing, Gander will price match on ammo but no way if you ask for the same on firearms.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

This is just their big corporate push to try and get the unsuspecting gun owner to waste money on less than acceptable items. And with CCW in Wisconsin being such a hot issue, they think that this will get them more business.

Gander mountain has been trying for years to make "Fast Food Workers" out of firearms instructors and gunsmiths. Here, take a class, your certified, GO!!!! They have no concept of the fact that gunsmithing is far more than just replacing a broken part, and teaching is far more than reading a script.

YAY Corporate Greed!!!!
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Interesting thing, Gander will price match on ammo but no way if you ask for the same on firearms.
    They have price matched on firearms for me at the la crosse gander before.