Thread: La Mesa Dinner UOC Feb. 19th

La Mesa Dinner UOC Feb. 19th

Dinner at Por Favor Mexican Restaurant, center of downtown La Mesa. February 19th at 5pm on a Saturday.
    Owner ok'd us carrying and patronizing his restaurant. Who can make it? So I can make a reservation. Outdoor dining right on the corner.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I can make it. My desert plans changed.

I might be able to drag the wife and kid along. So put me down for 1 or possibly 3.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

You can count me in aswell
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I should be able to make it, provided someone can PM directions....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Just figured I would reply to this so it would go to the top for any last minute stragglers to see.

That and I have received plenty of PMs with the directions.

Thank you to all who have sent them.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Can't make this one. Have a family dinner at the same time that i must attend.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Forecast has rain for Saturday, be careful with jackets/coats, suggest umbrellas or thigh rigs if you have them, if its cold we will most likely dine inside. I expect LE interaction will be better than last time.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Not sure if I will be able to make it but I'm gunna try.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

My girls want to come so it will be the 3 of us. Ummm mexican yum!
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    J.R.R. Tolkien

nice small little meet. this time only 3 PD showed up. The same officer as in the previous video was the one doing the checks again. He swept half the friggin restaurant at least twice.

That and for some reason he couldn't seem to figure out how to rack the slide on a 1911 (all he had to do was take the safety off)

Other than that, all went well and got to meet a few fellow OC'ers. Had a good time.

So the video I took I figured out how to view and download it, however its not in focus, and really the interaction was neither super bad or amazingly awesome so I dont see any reason to post it, really doesnt promote LE that respect our rights or LE abusing our rights. Just a bland plain E check, nothing new.