Thread: First oc

First oc

Got my feet wet yesterday. Stopped at Plant World on W. Charleston, talked to the manager there about some compost for my garden. Made sure he was on my heavy side and he never mentioned it. Stood by the counter and none of the customers ran out screaming or even acted concerned. Then went to Wal-mart on Decatur, no problems. Stopped at the Smoke shop on Rainbow/Sahara. The girl there knows I cc usually so had a good conversation about oc'n. Two other customers, one asked what I was carrying, told him Kahr cw40, asked if I liked it and I just said yea.
    Nervous at first but that feeling soon disappeared. It helps I know to have a first positive experience.

28kfps
    Good to here, for the most part I have become as comfortable OCing now for almost a year as I did CCing for the previous 14 years. Last summer I open carried three quarters of the way across Utah and back almost 2000 miles open carrying down I15 and I70 the whole way on a motorcycle open carried into ever gas station and restaurant I stopped at.

I was in Las Vegas today open carrying myself, in Walker furniture, Trader Joe’s, been in several of the Trader Joe’s no problems, AT&T store that had a security guard. If giving the chance I always try to greet the security guard with how are you doing to show I am approachable and he said fine and nothing else, then to Sam’s Club been in many of them no problems. Rebel gas station and convenience store. In Der wiener schnitzel not a word or negative response to my firearm all day as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrboy40 View Post
    Got my feet wet yesterday. Stopped at Plant World on W. Charleston, talked to the manager there about some compost for my garden. Made sure he was on my heavy side and he never mentioned it. Stood by the counter and none of the customers ran out screaming or even acted concerned. Then went to Wal-mart on Decatur, no problems. Stopped at the Smoke shop on Rainbow/Sahara. The girl there knows I cc usually so had a good conversation about oc'n. Two other customers, one asked what I was carrying, told him Kahr cw40, asked if I liked it and I just said yea.
    Nervous at first but that feeling soon disappeared. It helps I know to have a first positive experience.
    Where did you buy your Kahr CW40 if you don't mind me asking?

Bought my Kahr at American Shooters. They were the only shop that wanted to help me find one and almost $100 less than the only one I found on the shelf of another shop.
    Also bought my SWMP9 there at the best price in town.

I was only asking because I had one on consignment at a local shop with a holster and a spare magazine that just sold recently.