Thread: Badger Guns argues wounded officers' suit should be dismissed

Badger Guns argues wounded officers' suit should be dismissed

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/116013284.html

They contend Badger Guns knew or should have known Fernandez intended to use the guns for criminal purposes based on the short time between purchases, the kinds of weapons he purchased and earlier misdemeanor drug convictions.
    How can you know someone's criminal intent? That's like saying to a random person on the street, "I know what kind of underwear you are wearing." Then there is the "short time between purchases" point. I know of several people who purchase several firearms a month. Their point in moot!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Maybe they can understand my intent when I hold up three fingers, if I give them the hint "read between the lines."

Why didn't the police officers deduce the shooter's intent before he fired on them?

Can't have it just one way, don't you know.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Heh.

The plaintiffs contend that Badger Guns should have used telepathy to divine the perpetrator's intent. Give me a break. That's like saying "Ford Motor Company et al. should have known that man was going to use one of their cars to drive home drunk from the bar and kill a pedestrian, given that the purchaser looked a little unkempt and had red eye at the time of purchase." If Badger Guns gets this dismissed, I'd countersue for lawyer's fees and time wastage.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKraut View Post
    The plaintiffs contend that Badger Guns should have used telepathy to divine the perpetrator's intent. Give me a break. That's like saying "Ford Motor Company et al. should have known that man was going to use one of their cars to drive home drunk from the bar and kill a pedestrian, given that the purchaser looked a little unkempt and had red eye at the time of purchase." If Badger Guns gets this dismissed, I'd countersue for lawyer's fees and time wastage.
    And defamation of character and go after what these lawyers and officers own.
    Last edited by protias; 02-12-2011 at 08:52 AM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

so when the Instant Background Check clears the purchase, it's now the job of the retailer to begin an ongoing investigation on it's customers?
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    so when the Instant Background Check clears the purchase, it's now the job of the retailer to begin an ongoing investigation on it's customers?
    Very good point--

Does a liquor store owner who legally sells alcohol to an adult now share the blame when that person kills someone while driving intoxicated?

ridiculous.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by skorittnig View Post
    Very good point--

Does a liquor store owner who legally sells alcohol to an adult now share the blame when that person kills someone while driving intoxicated?

ridiculous.
    no, but if that same customer shoots someone while intoxicated off the liquor purchased.......

you see it's obviously [grin] the gun, not the criminal that does all the wrongdoing!
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKraut View Post
    But that would be "PROFILING" which may be effective, but not politically correct in their little world!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    That's like saying to a random person on the street, "I know what kind of underwear you are wearing."
    Actually, with today's urban 'fashions', this is not that difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    Actually, with today's urban 'fashions', this is not that difficult to do.
    LOL, very true.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info