• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badger Guns argues wounded officers' suit should be dismissed

protias

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/116013284.html

They contend Badger Guns knew or should have known Fernandez intended to use the guns for criminal purposes based on the short time between purchases, the kinds of weapons he purchased and earlier misdemeanor drug convictions.

How can you know someone's criminal intent? That's like saying to a random person on the street, "I know what kind of underwear you are wearing." Then there is the "short time between purchases" point. I know of several people who purchase several firearms a month. Their point in moot!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe they can understand my intent when I hold up three fingers, if I give them the hint "read between the lines." :p

Why didn't the police officers deduce the shooter's intent before he fired on them?

Can't have it just one way, don't you know.

KansasKraut

Heh.

The plaintiffs contend that Badger Guns should have used telepathy to divine the perpetrator's intent. Give me a break. That's like saying "Ford Motor Company et al. should have known that man was going to use one of their cars to drive home drunk from the bar and kill a pedestrian, given that the purchaser looked a little unkempt and had red eye at the time of purchase." If Badger Guns gets this dismissed, I'd countersue for lawyer's fees and time wastage.

protias

The plaintiffs contend that Badger Guns should have used telepathy to divine the perpetrator's intent. Give me a break. That's like saying "Ford Motor Company et al. should have known that man was going to use one of their cars to drive home drunk from the bar and kill a pedestrian, given that the purchaser looked a little unkempt and had red eye at the time of purchase." If Badger Guns gets this dismissed, I'd countersue for lawyer's fees and time wastage.
And defamation of character and go after what these lawyers and officers own.

Last edited:

skorittnig

so when the Instant Background Check clears the purchase, it's now the job of the retailer to begin an ongoing investigation on it's customers?

Very good point--

Does a liquor store owner who legally sells alcohol to an adult now share the blame when that person kills someone while driving intoxicated?

ridiculous.

IcrewUH60

Very good point--

Does a liquor store owner who legally sells alcohol to an adult now share the blame when that person kills someone while driving intoxicated?

ridiculous.

no, but if that same customer shoots someone while intoxicated off the liquor purchased.......:banghead:

you see it's obviously [grin] the gun, not the criminal that does all the wrongdoing!

Krusty

But that would be "PROFILING" which may be effective, but not politically correct in their little world!