• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tuesday 22 February Tacoma to Kelso

Deleted_User

I'm having to take a trip to Longview / Kelso to deal with some court paperwork and will be leaving Tacoma around 8am. I will be stopping in Chehalis about 8:45-9am and then once I reach Longview / Kelso I will find the closest Starbucks to I-5 and drink more coffee. Trust me, I'll need it to OC in this area.

After this is done, it's a return trip. Anyone along the way want to meet up for some coffee ... or TannerWaterbury if you're still down there in Kelso, want to do lunch?

The court stuff isn't at a specific time, I just need to serve someone and get a few signatures. What's down there worth stopping at / in?

Last edited:

tannerwaterbury

Hey your coming to the area?! I'll try and meet up with you. The closest Starbucks I know in Kelso is the one in the Safeway at the Three Rivers mall. Other than that, there is also a Starbucks in Longview at the Triangle Mall. Also if you are looking to buy some ammo, I know of a new Gun Store that has great service and allows OC in the store. Other than that, I don't really have any suggestions of other places to visit.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Perfect! I doubt I'll need ammo but I'm always for checking out a gun store I've never been to. I gotta head to work in a few but will solidify plans by Tuesday morning and have an estimate of WTF I will be doing and when down there.

Deleted_User

Btt

I will be having coffee in Chehalis @ 9am. Here's the scoop!

Chehalis Starbucks off Exit 79
9am Coffee break
Tuesday 2/22/2011

I hope to see a few peeps there. I will then be heading down to Kelso. If anyone down towards Longview / Kelso wants to hook up, PM me and we'll trade numbers.

Tanner, you're on the list of people to meet up with. M1Gunr, I'll come see you when you we can get together to get those flyers for down there. I also still have your flash drive and 2 movies!

tannerwaterbury

I will be having coffee in Chehalis @ 9am. Here's the scoop!

Chehalis Starbucks off Exit 79
9am Coffee break
Tuesday 2/22/2011

I hope to see a few peeps there. I will then be heading down to Kelso. If anyone down towards Longview / Kelso wants to hook up, PM me and we'll trade numbers.

Tanner, you're on the list of people to meet up with. M1Gunr, I'll come see you when you we can get together to get those flyers for down there. I also still have your flash drive and 2 movies!

Sounds good, though I might not OC due to the fact I am easily susceptible to cold weather. But I will definitely head down and meet you.

Deleted_User

After the coffee in Chehalis, I'm coming to Longview for lunch and what not. Pick a good spot and let's get together for a bite.

tannerwaterbury

After the coffee in Chehalis, I'm coming to Longview for lunch and what not. Pick a good spot and let's get together for a bite.

Well if you like Mexican, there is El Charritos on S. Pacific in downtown Kelso, which is right around the corner from my friends Computer shop. Across the way from El Charritos is the Backstage Cafe, which serves pretty good food as well as some GREAT coffee, though a little pricey. As for OC support, I have no clue what their positions are on OC.

Deleted_User

I am going to conduct normal daily business. A places stand on OC doesn't deter me. Heh, Mexican sounds AWESOME!

therealcombat: you are most welcome! Anyone else down that way wanna meet up for lunch? Let's say 12 noon at the Mexican place?

Last edited:

therealcombat

I know Darrell. We had a LAN party at his shop one day. Actually, come to think of it, at least twice. I've stopped by a few times since, but never can make just a quick trip. Once you get him talking, it's hard to get away! :D Nice guy, though.

BTW @ Goose:

Kelso is one of those cities that doesn't have their municipal code inline with state preemption. They got a code against carrying in the park: 12.20.190

There's also one against carrying at the air port. There is even this one: 2.92.060D

I seem to remember seeing one also barring carry in City Hall, etc.

Anyway, my point is: be prepared to be hassled in any of those places if you OC. I really have no idea if they'd actually try to enforce this crap, but figured it was worth a "heads up".

Last edited:

Deleted_User

I know Darrell. We had a LAN party at his shop one day. Actually, come to think of it, at least twice. I've stopped by a few times since, but never can make just a quick trip. Once you get him talking, it's hard to get away! :D Nice guy, though.

BTW @ Goose:

Kelso is one of those cities that doesn't have their municipal code inline with state preemption. They got a code against carrying in the park: 12.20.190

There's also one against carrying at the air port. There is even this one: 2.92.060D

I seem to remember seeing one also barring carry in City Hall, etc.

Anyway, my point is: be prepared to be hassled in any of those places if you OC. I really have no idea if they'd actually try to enforce this crap, but figured it was worth a "heads up".

State Preemption RCW 9.41.290> City Codes. I will be lawfully carrying my firearm and will expect to have a good day of minding my lawful business. I appreciate the heads up, but State Law preempts their illegal "City codes"

I'm looking forward to this trip. Chehalis by 9am. Mexican by 12 noon. The rest of the time is open for whatever we decide to do.

Last edited:

tannerwaterbury

State Preemption RCW 9.41.290> City Codes. I will be lawfully carrying my firearms (plural) and will expect to have a good day of minding my lawful business. I appreciate the heads up, but State Law preempts their illegal "City codes"

I'm looking forward to this trip. Chehalis by 9am. Mexican by 12 noon. The rest of the time is open for whatever we decide to do.

I probably will have to leave after lunch, I got to go to a doctors appointment around 2ish, so I won't be able to stay too long.

Deleted_User

I probably will have to leave after lunch, I got to go to a doctors appointment around 2ish, so I won't be able to stay too long.

No worries. I do have some business to conduct so whatever happens happens tomorrow. I will be @ the Mexican place at noon. I am PMing you my number as well to contact if something changes on your end.

I have the 2A flyers for that gun shop and will be in Longview / Kelso until about 4pm, maybe closer to 5.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Currently in Chehalis

Meeting with chehalis scott. I am planning lunch in Kelso @ 12:15. So far the trip is going well. No pics yet so the trip isn't happening.

tannerwaterbury

Great Meetup today! Since Goose took the pics, he will have to post them up, but overall a very satisfactory day. therealcombat, we were waiting to see if you were going to show up, but we missed you apparently. We could probably meetup later this week or something to make it up. Goose, an honor to meet you finally, and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

therealcombat

Yeah i didn't go. Wound up having a few things to do. Also, lunch time for you guys is around the time i normally get out of bed. :)

I would be interested in meeting up another time, though. What all did you guys do? Just lunch?