• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois pushing for CCW

JJC

Illinois: Rep. Beiser pushes for Right-to-Carry

State Rep. Dan Beiser said he is working to bring Illinois in line with 48 other states in co sponsoring legislation allowing responsible gun owners to carry concealed weapons in public. "As a legislator, I am always advocating for the protection of the Second Amendment and preserving the right of lawful citizens to own firearms," said Beiser, D Alton. "For too long, we have been preventing law abiding citizens from being better able to protect themselves and their families by denying them the opportunity to have permits to carry concealed weapons."

At this rate Wisconsin will be left in the dust.....

JJC

M

McX

awww. man, the fib's are gonna beat us? you mean we'll have to go down there to enjoy our rights, instead of them all coming up here (to our towns and parks, and lakes)?

protias

If those liberal loving FIBs beat us, I'll be upset they did but at the same time, happy they are now able to enjoy their freedom. I sure hope WI gets in line with its Article 1, Section 25.

AaronS

Illinois: Rep. Beiser pushes for Right-to-Carry

State Rep. Dan Beiser said he is working to bring Illinois in line with 48 other states in co sponsoring legislation allowing responsible gun owners to carry concealed weapons in public. "As a legislator, I am always advocating for the protection of the Second Amendment and preserving the right of lawful citizens to own firearms," said Beiser, D Alton. "For too long, we have been preventing law abiding citizens from being better able to protect themselves and their families by denying them the opportunity to have permits to carry concealed weapons."

At this rate Wisconsin will be left in the dust.....

JJC

So we have officials that I voted for because I was told that the 2A , A.1 S.25 was supported. Now we are told that "other" things are more important. We are told that we have to wait till fall to see any CC bills. We make the "bill" and our officials won't even take the time to read it.
I would love to hear what Scott Walker is going to say to us if a bill is introduced in Ill. before one is introduced in Wisconsin... Nice to see he is working like a good politician (screwing us, again).

Can anyone say Egypt? I know Glock34 can. Guess we have 2 now...? (sorry I missed your Super Bowl party).
RESET, Before it's to late!

KansasKraut

Meh.

Won't mean a thing without preemption. Try taking on the Chicago machine without it. You'd be peeing (darn you to heck, auto-censor!) in the wind. That being said, I wish only the best for our FIB brothers and sisters. Plus I'd love to see Daley/Emmanuel/whomever squirm. :)

Last edited:

jpm84092

+1 for an Illinois Legislator to push a CFP bill. If WI is indeed left behind, that is all the more case for WI residents to push the State of WI well past the (optional) permit system and into a Law fashioned after the AK and AZ Constitutional Carry laws - AND - to a Castle Doctrine law that extends into a person's vehicle.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Does anyone in Illiniois really think they can beat the Joyce Foundation? They own Chicago and therefore Illlinois, and the citizens of Chicago and Illinois don't realize it. Let's all say together... give me an O...give me a B... give me an A, etc. etc. What does it spell? Former Joyce Foundation board member. Current board members from Wis: Tony Earl, Howard Fuller (Google them).

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Did anybody think that the citizens of Egypt could beat Mubarak? :banana:

Can be done with some media attention shining a light on the Shadows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_(Babylon_5)

Partial Quote:

"Shadows very rarely engage in hand-to-hand combat to accomplish their goals, relying instead on invisibility, behind-the-scenes maneuvering and their technology."

Last edited: