• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When is using deadly force lawful?

Max

FYI

"Tactical Anatomy Systems is pleased to announce
Massad Ayoob of Massad Ayoob Group will be holding an "MAG-20, Classroom - Deadly Force Course"
at Saukville Police Department, 649 E. Green Bay Avenue, Saukville, Wisconsin 53080.
This class will be held on Saturday, February 26, 2011 and Sunday, February 27, 2011.
Class will start each day at 9:00 am and run until approximately 7:00 pm.

MAG-20/Classroom:
A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens with emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered."

I am not associated with this organization in any way and gain nothing by sharing the information with you. I registered for the class and thought others might want to as well. It is pricey, tuition is $400. I am of opinion that anyone carrying a firearm should be intensely aware of when using deadly force is lawful and when it is not. An error in judgment or a lack of knowledge, can land one in prison for years and or cost a **** ton in legal fees.

To register, contact David Maglio at 414.659.5811 and he will mail you a registration form. Also, in the summer there is a Mag-20 range course. I imagine the range course is quite thorough as they require you to bring a minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition. For the schedule and locations of other courses, go to
http://massadayoobgroup.com/?page_id=121

As Massad says, "Do not fire the gun, unless the situation dictates that you are on solid legal ground."

M

McX

Be innocent of instigation, retreat, retreat, retreat. credo it- live by it, so to speak- on the grander scale. it wont make you heroic, it might might make you look like a wuss, but it's the way it is. Just do it, so to speak. Until the Castle Doctrine is put in place in this state. the rest is just debate.

bluehighways

Be innocent of instigation, retreat, retreat, retreat. credo it- live by it, so to speak- on the grander scale. it wont make you heroic, it might might make you look like a wuss, but it's the way it is. Just do it, so to speak. Until the Castle Doctrine is put in place in this state. the rest is just debate.

Perhaps the most important thing you've said here. Thank you McX.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Who is Massad Ayoob? Only one of the best Weapons Instructors ever. I have friends who have attended his LFI classes. Attend if your can well worth the Money & the time.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

this.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Highly recommended course

FYI

"Tactical Anatomy Systems is pleased to announce
Massad Ayoob of Massad Ayoob Group will be holding an "MAG-20, Classroom - Deadly Force Course"....
Is it the usual arrangement where if you take his class and later on end up in court, he will appear as an expert witness for free? $400 is a real deal; I believe that normally it's $600.

Max

It is my understanding that if you attend his class, and you are involved in a defensive shooting, he will testify on your behalf for free. He is recognized by the federal gov. as being an expert witness in defensive shootings.

BrewTownBagger

I've been to a few CCW classes and in all of them they state that the following conditions must be present to legally use deadly force
1. You are a reluctant participant
2. You are reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm
3. That no lessor amount of force will do
4. Retreat is not possible

Keep in mind that all four must exist to be justified :eek:

JJC

I've been to a few CCW classes and in all of them they state that the following conditions must be present to legally use deadly force
1. You are a reluctant participant
2. You are reasonably in immediate fear of death or great bodily harm
3. That no lessor amount of force will do
4. Retreat is not possible

Keep in mind that all four must exist to be justified :eek:

Until Wisconsin enacts a "Castle" doctrine the above must be met, without fail.

JJC