• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Price Chopper of the Greater Kansas City Area

khuenefeldt

Update:

Consitento's Price Chopper allows CCW and my local Price Chopper no longer has a anti-gun sign. Thanks for your help & emails.

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Hi All,

I'm a new member to this forum, so hopefully this post is not out of place.

Recently, I have started to avoid establishments that present a "no weapons on these premises" sign; however, I have decided it's only fair to email the establishments to let them know they are losing business.

Price Chopper presents these anti-gun signs at the entrance of their stores in the greater KC area. If you all would like to email the grocery store, to also state you will not be shopping there, please see the link below. Thanks and pleasure to meet you all!

http://www.mypricechopper.com/contact_us.aspx

I sent them an message letting them know that I do not shop at any store that has a "no weapons on these premises" sign. Good luck and keep voting with your dolors.

Doc

khuenefeldt

followup

I received an email back from Price Chopper Corporate. They stated they had no policy against legal firearms in the store; however, they did have a policy against it several years back (approximately 7 years back). Anyways...the corporate guy called the local store, and tonight i went by the store and there was no sign.

That being said, I respect them for listening to me. I know there was a sign on the store within the past year, as i have only lived in the neighborhood that long. Anyways...no sign now. Doing a google search it appears other instances with Price Chopper has yielded the same anti-gun signs however, the store manager removed it. The only conclusion i have is, i complained, and then the corporate asked the store management to remove the sign. Oh well...works for me.

mobodyguard

i received a call from Michael Siebers, he is the loss prevention director from the corporate office, he stated to me that all no weapons signs have been removed about years and half ago, only things that he stated was that it would be better if individual not open carry as not to create a panic within the store. That there have been a large amount of armed robbery within a lot of their stores.

Mr KHUENEFELD, he would like for u to give him a call

913-749-1544 Michael Siebers

MKEgal

mobodyguard said:
... it would be better if individual not open carry as not to create a panic within the store. That there have been a large amount of armed robbery within a lot of their stores.
OC doesn't create panic. We have video evidence. I even have video from my bank, & the teller doesn't look the least little bit upset, intimidated, panicky, etc.
And since he's aware of the criminal activity in his stores, they'd darn well better let citizens protect themselves!
Good on them for correcting the problem.
I think my mom frequents a Price Chopper in the SW KC area... now I can shop with her (cc, 'cause I don't want to have The Discussion with her - she'd be upset).

khuenefeldt

i received a call from Michael Siebers, he is the loss prevention director from the corporate office, he stated to me that all no weapons signs have been removed about years and half ago, only things that he stated was that it would be better if individual not open carry as not to create a panic within the store. That there have been a large amount of armed robbery within a lot of their stores.

Mr KHUENEFELD, he would like for u to give him a call

913-749-1544 Michael Siebers

Yep, he's the same person i've been in contact with, and he was the one that cleared it up. I wrote him an email back last night and let him know that there was no sign as of 2/15/2011 on the local store. I also shot him a call, and we discussed it. He mentioned it may have taken the stores some time to take the signs down. Regardless, Mike assured me theres no anti-gun signs on the front of their stores now. All have complied.

That being said, Mike did explain that they would rather not have Open Carriers in the store and they will ask you to take it to your car or conceal it, as they have got complaints from people freaking out. I can't comment on it, because i haven't been there to see anyone freak out when they saw someone wearing a pistol inside Price Chopper.

Regardless, I told Mike that i would let everyone know that the signs aren't there now. I'm satisfied with at least CCW, but i know open carry within the store may still be a problem for a majority.

Last edited:

kylemoul

if o/c is not illegal, express it.

i was in cabelas yesterday picking up my mosin nagant, and it was sooo busy. thre was 1 lady with her husband that kept eying me up.
she was pretty good lookin and id like to believe she was checking me out, but i believe she kept looking cause i have my ruger strapped to my side.

were in cableas in the hunting section surrounded by hundreds of guns and she kept looking at me. o well.