Thread: Liquor licenses

Liquor licenses

does anyone know if there is a bill in the making or being considered to allow OC w/o a CPL in an establishment that sells but does not serve alcohol? i think its bull that i cant go for a walk legally OCing my pistol and stop at the grocery store to get a loaf of bread or the gas station to grab an arizona ice tea
    i see little freedom in that, i hope there is something in the works to resolve this,i cant stop anywhere to get a pop on my walk because all that sell soda also have liquor licences

Welcome to OCDO!

Yes, it is a problem that some people have discussed here and that something needs to be done about it. There is currently a bill to eliminate the CPL PFZ's (MCL 28.425o). It would need to be similar to that, but address the NON-CPL Firearms Free Zones (MCL 750.234d).

Banned
    Yeah, the alcohol is quite a problem without a CPL, it was my biggest headache. Whoever woulda thought alcohol could give someone a headache who doesn't drink.

This might come in handy for you. http://www2.dleg.state.mi.us/llist/

yea i've looked at that list a few times and it confirms that there is just about nowhere around here that sells pop and/or grocery that doesnt have a liquor licence
    sucky