• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liquor licenses

RenkaiWulf

does anyone know if there is a bill in the making or being considered to allow OC w/o a CPL in an establishment that sells but does not serve alcohol? i think its bull that i cant go for a walk legally OCing my pistol and stop at the grocery store to get a loaf of bread or the gas station to grab an arizona ice tea
i see little freedom in that, i hope there is something in the works to resolve this,i cant stop anywhere to get a pop on my walk because all that sell soda also have liquor licences:banghead::banghead::banghead:

PDinDetroit

Welcome to OCDO!

Yes, it is a problem that some people have discussed here and that something needs to be done about it. There is currently a bill to eliminate the CPL PFZ's (MCL 28.425o). It would need to be similar to that, but address the NON-CPL Firearms Free Zones (MCL 750.234d).

RenkaiWulf

yea i've looked at that list a few times and it confirms that there is just about nowhere around here that sells pop and/or grocery that doesnt have a liquor licence
sucky :banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss: