Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Boxer trying to Californianize the rest of the US.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791

    Boxer trying to Californianize the rest of the US.

    As reported over on the WA forums it appears as though Senator Boxer is trying to take California's wonderfulgun control laws to the federal level.

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...irearm-permits

    The basic rundown of this bill is it is a 100% rehash of CA's existing laws regarding firearms, except it is to be force feed to every state in the country. It would also require "constitutional carry" states to issue license to everyone. "Constitutional Carry" would go away.

    This bill has no sponsors as of yet, however with the recent AZ problems perhaps this is something we can keep on the radar and address...

    It doesn't hurt to email or write a physical letter to either or both CA senators. Especially since they are in our congressional district. It appears as though this is a CA philosophy trying to ruin the rights of Law Abiding Gun owners everywhere....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  2. #2
    Regular Member realityfatality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    orange, california
    Posts
    56
    That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.
    Last edited by realityfatality; 02-12-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfatality View Post
    That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.
    From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

    I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  4. #4
    Regular Member realityfatality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    orange, california
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

    I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....
    I've witnessed, personally, a highway patrol drop their firearms on the ground while attempting to reholster it after drawing it to approach an unarmed mother with children in the car. If that's not a clear sign of firearm safety neglegance I don't know what is. But I don't see the entire force getting punished for that mistake and you can bet your ass I called his supervisor and made a complaint...
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    She wants the whole US to be "may issue".
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    She wants the whole US to be "may issue".

    And to REQUIRE "good cause"
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  7. #7
    Regular Member realityfatality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    orange, california
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    And to REQUIRE "good cause"
    i would like to know who would be setting the definition of that
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfatality View Post
    i would like to know who would be setting the definition of that
    `(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

    `(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  9. #9
    Regular Member realityfatality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    orange, california
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    `(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

    `(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process
    that sounds like one of those "i'm the judge, jury, and prosecutor" kind of deals. sounds the same as flushing the 2nd amendment down the toilet to me.
    Last edited by realityfatality; 02-13-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfatality View Post
    that sounds like one of those "i'm the judge, jury, and prosecutor" kind of deals. sounds the same as flushing the 2nd amendment down the toilet to me.

    +1000000000
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."


    "If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834
    IF this only applies to concealed carry, whats the effect for open carry?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    156
    As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

  13. #13
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...
    We tried. It's very hard to get an incumbent out of office.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    576
    She wants the country to be sheep, and servants, to her Government period !

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran Cavalryman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    308
    I think the correct phrase is, "Boxer trying to Californicate the rest of us!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •