Thread: Boxer trying to Californianize the rest of the US.

Boxer trying to Californianize the rest of the US.

As reported over on the WA forums it appears as though Senator Boxer is trying to take California's wonderfulgun control laws to the federal level.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...irearm-permits

The basic rundown of this bill is it is a 100% rehash of CA's existing laws regarding firearms, except it is to be force feed to every state in the country. It would also require "constitutional carry" states to issue license to everyone. "Constitutional Carry" would go away.

This bill has no sponsors as of yet, however with the recent AZ problems perhaps this is something we can keep on the radar and address...

It doesn't hurt to email or write a physical letter to either or both CA senators. Especially since they are in our congressional district. It appears as though this is a CA philosophy trying to ruin the rights of Law Abiding Gun owners everywhere....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.
    Last edited by realityfatality; 02-12-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by realityfatality View Post
    That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.
    From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....
    I've witnessed, personally, a highway patrol drop their firearms on the ground while attempting to reholster it after drawing it to approach an unarmed mother with children in the car. If that's not a clear sign of firearm safety neglegance I don't know what is. But I don't see the entire force getting punished for that mistake and you can bet your ass I called his supervisor and made a complaint...
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

She wants the whole US to be "may issue".
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    She wants the whole US to be "may issue".

And to REQUIRE "good cause"

Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    And to REQUIRE "good cause"
    i would like to know who would be setting the definition of that
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

i would like to know who would be setting the definition of that
    `(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

`(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    `(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

`(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process
    that sounds like one of those "i'm the judge, jury, and prosecutor" kind of deals. sounds the same as flushing the 2nd amendment down the toilet to me.
    Last edited by realityfatality; 02-13-2011 at 12:48 AM.

that sounds like one of those "i'm the judge, jury, and prosecutor" kind of deals. sounds the same as flushing the 2nd amendment down the toilet to me.

+1000000000

Accomplished Advocate
    IF this only applies to concealed carry, whats the effect for open carry?

As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. View Post
    As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...
    We tried. It's very hard to get an incumbent out of office.

She wants the country to be sheep, and servants, to her Government period !

I think the correct phrase is, "Boxer trying to Californicate the rest of us!"