• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boxer trying to Californianize the rest of the US.

devildoc5

As reported over on the WA forums it appears as though Senator Boxer is trying to take California's wonderfulgun control laws to the federal level.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?86686-Concealed-firearm-permits

The basic rundown of this bill is it is a 100% rehash of CA's existing laws regarding firearms, except it is to be force feed to every state in the country. It would also require "constitutional carry" states to issue license to everyone. "Constitutional Carry" would go away.

This bill has no sponsors as of yet, however with the recent AZ problems perhaps this is something we can keep on the radar and address...

It doesn't hurt to email or write a physical letter to either or both CA senators. Especially since they are in our congressional district. It appears as though this is a CA philosophy trying to ruin the rights of Law Abiding Gun owners everywhere....

realityfatality

That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.

Last edited:

devildoc5

That can't pass.. trading a constitutional right for a privelage is not acceptable. If it does pass I expect for it to be overturned in the superior court(s). But then again with all the hoplophobes in this country I guess we'll have something to worry about. But then I would expect for them to put more restrictions for LEO's to use guns, if not I would consider it hypocrtical for a police officer to be able to be socially and legally acceptable carrying/posessing a firearm just because he has a badge and some training. The way we get our rights squandered for other gun "ambassadors" doings should apply to LEO's too. Not every LEO knows how to use his firearm properly although we'd like to believe our boys/girls in blue do.

From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....

realityfatality

From my experience working in and around some of San Diego's "finest" I have noticed that most of them have no clue whatsoever when it comes to firearms. They know how to operate their weapon SOMEWHAT safely, put have no clue about other firearms. They also train a LOT less with that firearm than the majority of my friends who are not badge carriers.

I agree that any firearms law passed in any state should apply to ALL citizens. Not just us lowly peons....

I've witnessed, personally, a highway patrol drop their firearms on the ground while attempting to reholster it after drawing it to approach an unarmed mother with children in the car. If that's not a clear sign of firearm safety neglegance I don't know what is. But I don't see the entire force getting punished for that mistake and you can bet your ass I called his supervisor and made a complaint...

Gundude

i would like to know who would be setting the definition of that :p :banghead:

`(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

`(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process

realityfatality

`(b) Requirements- In establishing a process to issue permits to carry concealed firearms under subsection (a), a State shall--

`(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process

that sounds like one of those "i'm the judge, jury, and prosecutor" kind of deals. sounds the same as flushing the 2nd amendment down the toilet to me.

Last edited:

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...

Gundude

As a former CA resident, it is time for her to go. I just don't know what this sort of thing is supposed to accomplish. California has some of the most strict gun control measures in the nation yet their crime rates are still relatively high. It's time to wake up people. Vote Barbara Boxer out of office before things get worse...

We tried. It's very hard to get an incumbent out of office.