• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It would appear that Travelers Insurance is anti-gun

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I had Travelers insurance when I lived in Arizona then they refused to renew my policy upon moving to Virginia. Upon moving to Virginia and receiving a policy quote I asked whether the policy as quoted would cover the theft of firearms and firearms related equipment. The Travelers Insurance representative then asked me if my firearms were kept locked in a safe at all times with the ammuniton stored locked in a separate location. At the time I had no safe so I answered as such and was informed that under no circumstance did Travelers Insurance provide homeowners or renters insurance to anyone that owned firearms that did not at all times keep the firearms in a locked safe with all ammunition locked in a separate container and that was the end of my dealings with Travelers Insurance after receiving a refund on the policy that I had paid for in Arizona, which had not yet expired. That same day I found renters insurance through the same company that handled my car insurance and have never had any such requirement made of my firearms. Even when asked specifically about exceptions for firearms kept out for self defense use, Travelers had no such exception, so if I dared to keep a handgun out of the safe by the bedside at night I could not be covered by Travelers Insurance. Every advertisement they've sent me since gets automatically loaded into the shredder as trash as they won't see another cent of mine.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The Travelers Insurance representative then asked me if my firearms were kept locked in a safe at all times with the ammuniton stored locked in a separate location. At the time I had no safe so I answered as such and was informed that under no circumstance did Travelers Insurance provide homeowners or renters insurance to anyone that owned firearms that did not at all times keep the firearms in a locked safe with all ammunition locked in a separate container...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You may have just discovered evidence of alien life, as whoever came up with that policy is obviously not from our planet.

...and that was the end of my dealings with Travelers Insurance after receiving a refund on the policy that I had paid for in Arizona, which had not yet expired. That same day I found renters insurance through the same company that handled my car insurance and have never had any such requirement made of my firearms. Even when asked specifically about exceptions for firearms kept out for self defense use, Travelers had no such exception, so if I dared to keep a handgun out of the safe by the bedside at night I could not be covered by Travelers Insurance. Every advertisement they've sent me since gets automatically loaded into the shredder as trash as they won't see another cent of mine.

Yep. Definately alien life.

Good for you for dropping them!