• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dress Code

Gooelf

the problem with your comment is that "Propaganda wood" is what most people believe to be the truth. And they say that only cops and bad guys have guns.

So that must be the truth right? :eek::eek::eek:

Does anyone else find it odd that usually within the news the only time you hear about guns being used to defend someone or something, where the suspect involved in the original assault/robbery dies usually involve the police or other criminals?

Gundude

Does anyone else find it odd that usually within the news the only time you hear about guns being used to defend someone or something, where the suspect involved in the original assault/robbery dies usually involve the police or other criminals?

My observation of the news media.
Girl Scouts selling cookies is not big news. Neither is a UOC'er squeezing tomatos in the market. An ex-con jacked up on meth that killed his family and is in a standoff with the cops is. The more sensational the news, the more people watch it.

Last edited:

realityfatality

My observation of the news media.
Girl Scouts selling cookies is not big news. Neither is a UOC'er squeezing tomatos in the market. An ex-con jacked up on meth that killed his family and is in a standoff with the cops is. The more sensational the news, the more people watch it.
+1000000000

I never gathered the idea of media anyway. They sit there and talk about a bunch of **** that is absolutely nobodies buisness, I don't go looking over my neighbors fence because I like to respect his property and privacy, the media should be the same. The only news I want hear is should I wear a rain coat today and what our "Great" representitives are doing for our country.

devildoc5

+1000000000

I never gathered the idea of media anyway. They sit there and talk about a bunch of **** that is absolutely nobodies buisness, I don't go looking over my neighbors fence because I like to respect his property and privacy, the media should be the same. The only news I want hear is should I wear a rain coat today and what our "Great" representitives are doing for our country.

You should always wear a "raincoat" Especially on friday nights.....

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

But why would you be carrying your gear with you at a Airport? Isnt that considered a "Secure Area"... it would look weird if you had handcuffs, pepper spray and all that and no handgun... besides wouldnt they confiscate it all. Now if you're just wearing the gear with nothing in them, thats very weird. Empty Handcuff Holders, Duty Belt, Empty Pepper Spray Holder and Empty Baton Holder lol Its like your playing "Dress up as a pretend security guard" lol

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

I have yet too seen any cute TSA women in my travels.

I have yet to see any "cute" TSA women, usually they're a lil butch for my tastes lol :p

haha

Traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah
Traveled to Indianapolis, Indiana
Traveled to San Antonio, Texas

Now maybe I'm just traveling to the wrong places haha!

Last edited:

devildoc5

But why would you be carrying your gear with you at a Airport? Isnt that considered a "Secure Area"... it would look weird if you had handcuffs, pepper spray and all that and no handgun... besides wouldnt they confiscate it all. Now if you're just wearing the gear with nothing in them, thats very weird. Empty Handcuff Holders, Duty Belt, Empty Pepper Spray Holder and Empty Baton Holder lol Its like your playing "Dress up as a pretend security guard" lol

Actually I have quite a few friends who have carried handcuffs through tsa harassment points. They were just fine. Then again they didn't have pepper spray or asps or flashlights.

And the handcuffs were not for "occupational reasons"...

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

Actually I have quite a few friends who have carried handcuffs through tsa harassment points. They were just fine. Then again they didn't have pepper spray or asps or flashlights.

And the handcuffs were not for "occupational reasons"...

Carrying handcuffs huh? ;] hrmm not for "occupational reasons" lol *nudge* *nudge* Eh Eh? Were they the fuzzy kinds? :p

I didnt even know you could carry handcuffs at an airport. They consider everything a weapon at the Airport. They consider a medium sized bottle of Hair Gel a weapon lol. It's a little too much what they try to control now a days.

Last edited:

devildoc5

Carrying handcuffs huh? ;] hrmm not for "occupational reasons" lol *nudge* *nudge* Eh Eh? Were they the fuzzy kinds? :p

I didnt even know you could carry handcuffs at an airport. They consider everything a weapon at the Airport. They consider a medium sized bottle of Hair Gel a weapon lol. It's a little too much what they try to control now a days.

Remember one of the greatest tyrants of modern history, and the most ruthless by FAR actually controlled almost every single aspect of his "subjects" lives. Including where they worked and what was "illegal because it was dangerous". This made them easier to control and it was also easier for his "army" to kill them. The people lived in fear for YEARS until they were finally liberated from this oppressive government.

We all know how that one turned out in the end.

And yes for you guys (and gals) still wondering I am talking about Stalin

Robin47

Well I'm not really a "Chevy Chase", kind of guy,with short pants and polo shirts.
I just wear jeans and a flannel shirt, and my boonie hat.
I'm retired so guess I can wear what ever I darn well want to ! Robin47 :)