Thread: Empty Holster Protest 2011

Empty Holster Protest 2011

Time : Monday, April 4 at 12:00am - April 9 at 12:00am
    Location Everywhere
    Created By
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

More Info In defense of self-defense on campus, and to support legislation removing penalties for self-protection, college students across the nation will strap on empty holsters in an act of silent protest against state laws and college policies that disarm law-abiding citizens and effectively create defense-free zones for criminals.

If you're worried you might forget the dates, fear not. Subscribe to our e-mail list on the website, concealedcampus.org. We'll send out reminders as the time grows closer. Otherwise, we promise not to spam your inbox with an overload of e-mails!

http://www.concealedcampus.org/protest.php

I will be participating in this at my local college. I will hopefully try and get a scheduled debate going to make it for lively and make it interactive....

But that all depends on the liberals that run schools.....
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Is this going to go like the (internet) revolution in Egypt.
    I love the internet!!!!
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Is this going to go like the (internet) revolution in Egypt.
    I love the internet!!!!

The empty holster protest has been around for a few years now. It is a way of trying to persuade people that not only are guns not bad but that a LOT of school shootings would have ended a LOT differently if just 1 person had had a concealed firearm with them at the time.

Columbine shooting lasted almost 4 hours before the building was finally breached by SWAT.

Virginia tech (between the two shootings when police were ALREADY on the scene) took over 2 hours.

Santana High School Shooting was stopped because there WAS an armed man there when the shooting started....

Coincidence?
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

I shall participate, only because I do not have my gun yet :P