• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty Holster Protest 2011

Iopencarry

Time : Monday, April 4 at 12:00am - April 9 at 12:00am
Location Everywhere
Created By
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

More Info In defense of self-defense on campus, and to support legislation removing penalties for self-protection, college students across the nation will strap on empty holsters in an act of silent protest against state laws and college policies that disarm law-abiding citizens and effectively create defense-free zones for criminals.

If you're worried you might forget the dates, fear not. Subscribe to our e-mail list on the website, concealedcampus.org. We'll send out reminders as the time grows closer. Otherwise, we promise not to spam your inbox with an overload of e-mails!

http://www.concealedcampus.org/protest.php

devildoc5

I will be participating in this at my local college. I will hopefully try and get a scheduled debate going to make it for lively and make it interactive....

But that all depends on the liberals that run schools.....

devildoc5

Is this going to go like the (internet) revolution in Egypt.
I love the internet!!!!

The empty holster protest has been around for a few years now. It is a way of trying to persuade people that not only are guns not bad but that a LOT of school shootings would have ended a LOT differently if just 1 person had had a concealed firearm with them at the time.

Columbine shooting lasted almost 4 hours before the building was finally breached by SWAT.

Virginia tech (between the two shootings when police were ALREADY on the scene) took over 2 hours.

Santana High School Shooting was stopped because there WAS an armed man there when the shooting started....

Coincidence?