• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fire Mission

VetteFreakC5

you can get a poll to say what ever you want, you just have to poll the right people....polls really mean nothing. you could do the same poll here and get probably get 90/10.... that and us news is a pretty far left leaning group

Billy

...and at 14:13 Hours (Eastern) the poll reads,

Should Congress ban high-volume ammo clips?

1. 31.5% Yes
2. 68.5% No

Hope y'all have a safe and enjoyable day out there.

Respectfully,
Billy

P.S. Hoo-Yah, Airborne. Nice to see another military parachutist on the forums. :)

since9

Campaign Veteran
I find it interesting that most of these polls start out against Second Amendment rights yet rapidly swing around in support of 2A rights. Furthermore, they usually accompany news stories which give the appearance of trying to be objective, while being well laden with hidden messages and loaded sentences. The one referenced by the OP carries, as the OP mentioned, "commen sense" statements by Nutter, mayor of a famous city and VP of the counsel of mayors, while choosing an NRA office holder to represent the opposition. Those choices are themselves a loaded gun for the opposition.

And yet we're winning the poll 2 to 1 anyway!

The above facts should be sending a clear and unambiguous message to our civic leaders:

HANDS OFF THE SECOND AMENDMENT / STOP YOUR UNCONSTITUTIONAL INFRINGEMENT OF OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Philadelphia Mayor in Hiding

At least on the Internet. I tried sending him the following message:

The media has tried their best to burden news article / poll combinations such as this one with loaded choices of people for positions as well as loaded language in order to turn the tide away from Second Amendment rights towards "common sense."

Fortunately, We, The People aren't about to let you or any other anti-Constitutional politician infringe upon our Second Amendment rights, particularly after the Supreme Court of the United States of America undeniably affirmed it as an individual right, as did the U.S. Congress back in it's 1982 Congressional Report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (enclosed).

It's not long, but it was well-researched, and everyone holding political office at any level in the United States would serve their community best by giving it a read. I suggest you print it, read it, and learn some history about which most mayors throughout the U.S. are apparently unaware.

By the way, in answer to the poll's question:

Should Congress ban high-volume ammo clips?

The current tally is:

Yes: 24.11%
No: 75.89%

The above facts should be sending a clear and unambiguous message to our civic leaders:

HANDS OFF THE SECOND AMENDMENT / STOP YOUR UNCONSTITUTIONAL INFRINGEMENT OF OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

We, The People have spoken. It's high time you start listening.

I spent more than twenty years serving in the U.S. Military, carrying out an oath sworn by all military officers to protect and defend our Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. I didn't spend those twenty years sacrificing a previously existing career, my marriage, and loosing four good friends during my time of service only to stand idly by as people unfamiliar with the Constitution or the principles of our Founding Fathers attempt to tear down the foundations upon which our great country were built.

Sincerely,

The People

Here was the response I received from his server:

<mayor@phila.gov>:
64.18.7.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No such user - psmtp
Giving up on 64.18.7.10.

Lol! If the server's that smart, then Philadelphians should follow suite.