• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And people wonder why I own a gun

the last gunfighter

So it's 5:30 AM and I'm checking my e-mails when from out my living room window I hear a shotgun go off 3 min later it fires again. Now it's 7:30 AM and police still have not showed up. Now in the Apt complex that I live in they all know that I OC and that I carry a " cowboy action : gun so I'm called the " crazy cowboy" and they are afraid I'm going to go nuts and start shooting but shotguns going off in the early AM doesn't bother them at all ( third time in 2 weeks no police have shown up for any of them) so the old saying " When seconds count the police are minutes away" we should add that sometimes they don't show up at all.

M

McX

i read the title of the thread, and stopped to ask; why do you only own one gun (a gun-singular)?

jbupland

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
i live about 3 doors away from chester city thats on the border of delaware and pa in case anyone wants to know and i hear stuff like that all day long with the shot guns down the street amd the aks around the corner the .45 cals next door and all the while all the little kids are playing out side and the cops never show up yeah you may hear a siren hear and there but 8 times out of 10 its an ambulance or fire truck isn LE awsome

tyc

How do you know it was a shotgun and not a large firecracker ...

I ask this as I recently had an incidence similar to what you describe (at 3AM or so) and after calling the local police and advising them someone was discharging what sounded like a large caliber weapon in the area, it turned out that I was wrong.

Unlike your case however, the police did show up. It was found that a neighbor's drunken son thought it was funny to light off several large firecrackers at that hour of the morning and if I'm not mistaken the goof was charged with disturbing the peace.

tyc

the last gunfighter

I know because it was right behind my living room window in the common area yard in my housing complex when I went out later in the morning I found the 20 gauge shells

the last gunfighter

to McX all I can afford and store is 1 gun if I could I would have lots more. :monkey

to the Game after the first 2 times this happened and they didn't show up I thought why bother