Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: CCW Holdouts Article in Handguns magazine with WGO input. Nothing about WCI!

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Exclamation CCW Holdouts Article in Handguns magazine with WGO input. Nothing about WCI!

    Magazine dated April/May 2011 on page 8. I didn't find an online link for it, sorry.

    Basically the article discusses the last two holdout states, WI and IL and how WI wants Constitutional Carry according to Graff and WGO.

    It is a bit disappointing to not see WCI mentioned in the article. Still, it is worth reading.

    Anyone here a member of WGO?

    What has WGO really done for the cause? Anyone?

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    WGO has done very very little to nothing. They got lucky by being interviewed.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  3. #3
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497
    I have no idea who or what WGO is, but I can say that we need all of the help we can get. If I had the extra cash (still no job yet), I might send out the $25 to join.

    I could only add that I have a feeling my money is better spent with Wisconsin Carry Inc.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I have no idea who or what WGO is, but I can say that we need all of the help we can get. If I had the extra cash (still no job yet), I might send out the $25 to join.

    I could only add that I have a feeling my money is better spent with Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Very true.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  5. #5
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    I could only add that I have a feeling my money is better spent with Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Touchdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    22
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't WGO basically one guy (Graff) who submits articles to online and print magazines (i.e. ammoland.com) where he interviews himself as some sort of authority?
    This is the guy who tried to do NRA type ratings of politicians in the last election. He gave most Republicans unfavorable ratings, including Walker and Kleefisch, because they didn't respond to his silly questionaire. I read the questionaire and it was ridiculous.
    Do not support WGO. If you want to support an organization that stands up for your 2A rights, support WCI locally, and Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org) or Gun Owners of American (gunowners.org) nationally.

    Regards.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson
    (Papers of Thomas Jefferson, 1:353, Second Draft of the Virginia Constitution).

  7. #7
    Regular Member Trip20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wausau Area
    Posts
    527
    WGO and Graff did a lot to hurt our last concealed carry efforts. I'm convinced it's an antigun org masquerading as a firearms rights/enthusiast organization and duping folks out of their money in the process. Graff certainly makes a good living at it. Just one man's opinion of course.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    WGO and Graff did a lot to hurt our last concealed carry efforts. I'm convinced it's an antigun org masquerading as a firearms rights/enthusiast organization and duping folks out of their money in the process. Graff certainly makes a good living at it. Just one man's opinion of course.
    All in hind sight mind you: It was a good thing the last bill didn't pass , At the time i was all for it . Thanks to doyle it opened up my eyes and all worked out for the better , we are alot further along now than had the bill passed and are in a better position to get the restrictions removed that conflict with out state constitution which says we don't need no permit system as long as we carry for any lawful purpose.

    Remember a house divided cannot stand as much as i will not support wgo money wise , i will support the same goals that coinside with mine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

    In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

    The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

    ****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

  9. #9
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    I get WGO emails asking for money every day. In my opinion, my investment in my membership in WCI is worth much more than supporting WGO.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Trip20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wausau Area
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    All in hind sight mind you: It was a good thing the last bill didn't pass , At the time i was all for it . Thanks to doyle it opened up my eyes and all worked out for the better , we are alot further along now than had the bill passed and are in a better position to get the restrictions removed that conflict with out state constitution which says we don't need no permit system as long as we carry for any lawful purpose.

    Remember a house divided cannot stand as much as i will not support wgo money wise , i will support the same goals that coinside with mine.
    I respectfully disagree.

    Had our last concealed carry bill passed, as of this moment we'd be fighting for Constitutional Carry with a Republican controlled state, with a few years of permitted concealed carry under our belt disproving all of the earlier fear mongering, and with the momentum to succeed.

    As it stands now, we're going from nothing and hoping to get it all in one fell swoop. I don't see that happening. I hope it does, but I'm too much of a realist to believe even with the Republicans in control they will have the testicles to push through Constitutional Carry legislation in any form that we in this community want to see.

    With a concealed carry bill already in existence, and with a track record to point to, it would be much easier for Republican politicians to fight for a removal of the permit system and any other statutes to get us to something resembling Constitutional Carry.

    WGO's cut off our nose despite our face approach was not welcomed by me then, nor now.

  11. #11
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I get WGO emails asking for money every day. In my opinion, my investment in my membership in WCI is worth much more than supporting WGO.
    ditto

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Racine, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    I respectfully disagree.

    Had our last concealed carry bill passed, as of this moment we'd be fighting for Constitutional Carry with a Republican controlled state, with a few years of permitted concealed carry under our belt disproving all of the earlier fear mongering, and with the momentum to succeed.

    As it stands now, we're going from nothing and hoping to get it all in one fell swoop. I don't see that happening. I hope it does, but I'm too much of a realist to believe even with the Republicans in control they will have the testicles to push through Constitutional Carry legislation in any form that we in this community want to see.

    With a concealed carry bill already in existence, and with a track record to point to, it would be much easier for Republican politicians to fight for a removal of the permit system and any other statutes to get us to something resembling Constitutional Carry.

    WGO's cut off our nose despite our face approach was not welcomed by me then, nor now.
    I agree we can respectfully disagree
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

    In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

    The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

    ****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •