• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Holdouts Article in Handguns magazine with WGO input. Nothing about WCI!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Magazine dated April/May 2011 on page 8. I didn't find an online link for it, sorry.

Basically the article discusses the last two holdout states, WI and IL and how WI wants Constitutional Carry according to Graff and WGO.

It is a bit disappointing to not see WCI mentioned in the article. Still, it is worth reading.

Anyone here a member of WGO?

What has WGO really done for the cause? Anyone?

AaronS

I have no idea who or what WGO is, but I can say that we need all of the help we can get. If I had the extra cash (still no job yet), I might send out the $25 to join.

I could only add that I have a feeling my money is better spent with Wisconsin Carry Inc.

protias

I have no idea who or what WGO is, but I can say that we need all of the help we can get. If I had the extra cash (still no job yet), I might send out the $25 to join.

I could only add that I have a feeling my money is better spent with Wisconsin Carry Inc.
Very true.

XDFDE45

+1.gif

Touchdown

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't WGO basically one guy (Graff) who submits articles to online and print magazines (i.e. ammoland.com) where he interviews himself as some sort of authority?
This is the guy who tried to do NRA type ratings of politicians in the last election. He gave most Republicans unfavorable ratings, including Walker and Kleefisch, because they didn't respond to his silly questionaire. I read the questionaire and it was ridiculous.
Do not support WGO. If you want to support an organization that stands up for your 2A rights, support WCI locally, and Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org) or Gun Owners of American (gunowners.org) nationally.

Regards.

Trip20

WGO and Graff did a lot to hurt our last concealed carry efforts. I'm convinced it's an antigun org masquerading as a firearms rights/enthusiast organization and duping folks out of their money in the process. Graff certainly makes a good living at it. Just one man's opinion of course.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
WGO and Graff did a lot to hurt our last concealed carry efforts. I'm convinced it's an antigun org masquerading as a firearms rights/enthusiast organization and duping folks out of their money in the process. Graff certainly makes a good living at it. Just one man's opinion of course.

All in hind sight mind you: It was a good thing the last bill didn't pass , At the time i was all for it . Thanks to doyle it opened up my eyes and all worked out for the better , we are alot further along now than had the bill passed and are in a better position to get the restrictions removed that conflict with out state constitution which says we don't need no permit system as long as we carry for any lawful purpose.

Remember a house divided cannot stand as much as i will not support wgo money wise , i will support the same goals that coinside with mine.

Trip20

All in hind sight mind you: It was a good thing the last bill didn't pass , At the time i was all for it . Thanks to doyle it opened up my eyes and all worked out for the better , we are alot further along now than had the bill passed and are in a better position to get the restrictions removed that conflict with out state constitution which says we don't need no permit system as long as we carry for any lawful purpose.

Remember a house divided cannot stand as much as i will not support wgo money wise , i will support the same goals that coinside with mine.

I respectfully disagree.

Had our last concealed carry bill passed, as of this moment we'd be fighting for Constitutional Carry with a Republican controlled state, with a few years of permitted concealed carry under our belt disproving all of the earlier fear mongering, and with the momentum to succeed.

As it stands now, we're going from nothing and hoping to get it all in one fell swoop. I don't see that happening. I hope it does, but I'm too much of a realist to believe even with the Republicans in control they will have the testicles to push through Constitutional Carry legislation in any form that we in this community want to see.

With a concealed carry bill already in existence, and with a track record to point to, it would be much easier for Republican politicians to fight for a removal of the permit system and any other statutes to get us to something resembling Constitutional Carry.

WGO's cut off our nose despite our face approach was not welcomed by me then, nor now.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
I respectfully disagree.

Had our last concealed carry bill passed, as of this moment we'd be fighting for Constitutional Carry with a Republican controlled state, with a few years of permitted concealed carry under our belt disproving all of the earlier fear mongering, and with the momentum to succeed.

As it stands now, we're going from nothing and hoping to get it all in one fell swoop. I don't see that happening. I hope it does, but I'm too much of a realist to believe even with the Republicans in control they will have the testicles to push through Constitutional Carry legislation in any form that we in this community want to see.

With a concealed carry bill already in existence, and with a track record to point to, it would be much easier for Republican politicians to fight for a removal of the permit system and any other statutes to get us to something resembling Constitutional Carry.

WGO's cut off our nose despite our face approach was not welcomed by me then, nor now.

I agree we can respectfully disagree