Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 dead after 28 hours stabbing spree - in disarmed NYC

4 dead after 28 hours stabbing spree - in disarmed NYC

A graffiti artist armed with five knives went on a bloody 28-hour rampage across New York City, fatally stabbing his stepfather, ex-girlfriend and her mother, running down a pedestrian with a stolen Lexus and knifing a subway passenger before being arrested in Times Square, police said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/12...#ixzz1DqzENyH7

I guess we need to ban hi-cap people with knives.
    Last edited by billv; 02-13-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" do *they* not understand?

China has knife massacres or sprees all the time. They are as trendy there as gun rampages are here. Probably the same media influence.

Sarcasm on. We should ban all knives over 10cm. You don't need more than 10cm for self defense. Crazy knife nuts house was raided today by the BATFEK. A whole arsenal of illegal knifes were found in his kitchen bunker. Sarcasm off.

If any one of the people he attacked had been armed with a gun, a lot of lives could have been saved. Bloomberg has the blood of a lot of innocent people on his hands.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    If any one of the people he attacked had been armed with a gun, a lot of lives could have been saved. Bloomberg has the blood of a lot of innocent people on his hands.
    And the worst part is he doesn't care. If anything it makes him happy as he has more material for pushing his police state.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    No, no, no. The reason for this knife-wielding massacre was.... guns! We HAVE to ban guns in order to stop random knife attacks. It's a well-known fact that more guns = more knife attacks so we must ban guns.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

When the TV show "All in the Family" was on, Archie Bunker told his daughter, after their discussion about a gun slaying had occurred " Would it make ya feel any better little girl if they'd all been pushed out of 9 story buildings?"
    Had just one of those stabbing victims been armed with a firearm, it would have ended right then.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

It's a good thing that nobody was able to defend themselves with a gun. It would have "escalated the violence"...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    No, no, no. The reason for this knife-wielding massacre was.... guns! We HAVE to ban guns in order to stop random knife attacks. It's a well-known fact that more guns = more knife attacks so we must ban guns.
    When Dinkins was mayor, a tourist was stabbed to death, with a screwdriver, I think.

Dinkins called for more gun control.

Did anybody call this mook aa "knifeman"? If his weapon was a firearm, he would have been called "the gunman".

Hell, if he'd used a sword, they wouldn't have called him a "swordsman" (which is what he would have been).

I wonder, if Bloomberg were being mugged here in Alexandria, if I saved his life by running off his attacker at gunpoint; would the headline be:

N.Y.C. MAYOR'S LIFE SAVED BY GUNMAN

Somehow, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcabbie View Post
    Did anybody call this mook aa "knifeman"? If his weapon was a firearm, he would have been called "the gunman".

Hell, if he'd used a sword, they wouldn't have called him a "swordsman" (which is what he would have been).

I wonder, if Bloomberg were being mugged here in Alexandria, if I saved his life by running off his attacker at gunpoint; would the headline be:

I'm afraid I would have to walk away if he were being mugged. His armed guards can take care of him.

The one girl called 911 and then was killed.

Obviously gun control works. I mean, nobody was killed by a guy using a gun here. The goal has been accomplished.

Don't let the fact that he killed the people with a knife, which makes them just as dead, have any effect on how terrifying and dangerous guns are, correction were, in NYC.

The only problem with that is that Bloomberg is too buisy doing undercover gunshow operations in Arizona.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Founder's Club Member

I would personally call the editor and recommend the headline:

NYC Mayor's Life Saved by Dumb Cabbie

+1, but do you think Bloomberg gets it? Or is his mind so abysmally warped by the illogical anti-gun rhetoric that he'll never be able to add 1+1 again without getting 17?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    +1, but do you think Bloomberg gets it? Or is his mind so abysmally warped by the illogical anti-gun rhetoric that he'll never be able to add 1+1 again without getting 17?
    He's filthy rich. He's mayor cause he wantsta be. His computation goes more like: 1 + 1 = Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    The one girl called 911 and then was killed.
    That's unpossible! When you dial 911, a matter transporter INSTANTLY deposits a policeman between you and danger. That's why you don't need a gun!

Well, three out of four might have survived if Bloomberg had "allowed" them to be armed. The fourth wouldn't have been as lucky, as it's a bit difficult to stop a stolen Lexus with your average handgun. Perhaps we need to nip that brainless magazine limit in the bud so as to give our honest, law-abiding citizens a fighting chance.

As for being "allowed" to exercise a Constitutional right, that's ass-backwards six ways to Sunday, but the the good people of NYC and New York State allowed their elected representatives to trample all over their Constitutional rights. And apparently, only one person in Chicago had the mojo to fight the anti-2A system to the SCOTUS level.

It's funny - isn't Bloomberg Jewish? Doesn't he realize the Nazi takeover of Germany began by disarming the citizens? Or is he simply unabashedly using Nazi strategy as a pattern for total domination of New York city, at the expense of the safety and self-protection of its citizens?

Hmm... Sounds to me like a money-motivated traitor to all Jews and Americans.

Apparently, Mr. Bloomberg is unaware that one reason terrorist attacks don't work very well in Israel is because most Israelis, Jewish or not, are ARMED. Against an armed populace, terrorists are severely disadvantaged.

If Bloomberg fails this basic of tests, then he's not the sort of governor our American citizens want in office.
    Last edited by since9; 02-17-2011 at 01:53 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    It is a myth that the Nazis immediately put in gun control. Germany already had draconian gun laws when the Nazis came to power. They actually relaxed gun laws, except for the Jews, Gypsys, Commies, and other assorted "enemies of the state."

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Assault Knives are the number one problem in America! Anyone can drive to Arizona and buy an Assault Knife with no Background Check!

Who needs a Knife? There's just no reason to own something that can pierce organs and cause terminal bleeding. The Knife Culture of America is subverting an otherwise perfect Utopian society.

What next? Strutting about with a knife duct-taped to your forehead? Clearly, anyone who wants their knife to be seen is out to kill us all!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbitone View Post
    Thats fine for NYC, but what about the rest of us that live in areas too remote for the range of current matter transporters?
    "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" - Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger, "Goldfinger"

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" - Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger, "Goldfinger"
    Hah! One of the best top ten quotes ever!

On a serious note, I lived in NYC for 8 years and rode the subway 2 (if not 4) times a day at all hours. There were plenty of times where I wish I could have legally carried a firearm.

In one instance, I had 2 gang members (both had a red handkerchiefs hanging out their back pockets. I will leave that interpretation up to the reader) give me grief on the subway. Now, I'm usually the guy that keeps his head down and goes about his business and will go to great lengths to not get involved with any trouble. I was working for one of the top five investment banks at the time (wearing suit + tie of course) and I suppose I wasn't getting out of the subway car fast enough once we reached Times Square. One of the above mentioned "gang bangers" kicked me as hard as he could in the small of my back (I literally saw stars). Being that I have spent some decent time training in a few martial arts, I spun around and caught the second kick aimed at me and shoved the offender out onto the platform. Fortunately for me, the doors closed and left me one-on-one with his buddy still in the subway car, who wide eyed, stumbled away and went into the next car. However, as we were pulling away from the platform at 42nd St. I saw the guy on the platform (the one I threw) had a box cutter in his hand. I always think about what could have happened to me in that scenario (I'm a larger guy, 6'3 & 220lbs but I was still outnumbered 2 to 1, and one of my assailants had a deadly weapon). All I know is that I'm happy to now live in a state (CT) that allows me to carry a pistol upon my person.
    Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine...

If it has been said once (here and everywhere else) it has been said a million times. Every time carry laws have been opened up the antis have predicted a bloodbath. Every time this has happened, far from bathing the street in blood the flow has been stanched.

Yet the antis continue with their tired, discredited arguments. I have before separated the antis into two groups: Type One, the most common, who merely wish to eliminate unpleasantness from their lives (and usually have a good hearted - albeit thouroughly misguided - concern for the welfare of their fellow man); and the Type Two Anti, who believes that [1] the common man needs his elite assistance and that [2] therefore the common man must surrender his life to the well-meaning all-knowing elite (of which the Type Two is an example in his own mind). The mindset of the Type Two is almost invariably Maoist. Mao The Dung said: "Political Power Grows From The Barrel Of The Gun".

So no wonder the Left hates the RTKBA.

Now this knife-wielding maniac sank a blade into more than four folks. I will tell you what. I would rather be shot than have a blade hooked into me. Consider the type of wound engendered. A gunshot wound leaves ragged edges that lend themselves to the docking of coagulation factors. If an assailant gets close enough to you to sink a blade and open your aorta, you have maybe one minute to live. A gunshot wound leaves ragged edges for thrombins and clotting factors to stanch bleeding. If I were sentenced to trial by ordeal, and given my choice of being stabbed up close or shot at 25 yards, I'd choose the shooting.

Of course, given any choice I desired; choice one would be to never meet the bad guy in the first place. Or, failing that; to peaceably walk away. This is why I do not visit the Alexandria riverfront in the moonlight, and also why I ignore certain calls for service in certain areas of the City.

When I am armed, I never talk about anything except insipid crap about the weather. If I am armed, then if you make a comment about "president" Obama, I will go into the "Oh-well-they-are-all-crooks" conversation stopper. And I will continue to be non-commital no matter what your argument is. Wanna know how to tell if I am armed?? Just watch as I lay down meek answers to your obnoxious questions. When I am armed, there is a firearm AT EVERY ARGUMENT.....MINE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    But he never does!!! Why don't these bad guys just put a bullet in his head, instead of setting up some elaborate machine to slice Bond in half after they leave? Don't they know that they are in a Bond movie and that he can get out of any trap once the BG leaves the room? I swear. Bond BGs are about as bright as Bloomberg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast