• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4 dead after 28 hours stabbing spree - in disarmed NYC

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
No, no, no. The reason for this knife-wielding massacre was.... guns! We HAVE to ban guns in order to stop random knife attacks. It's a well-known fact that more guns = more knife attacks so we must ban guns.

Assault Knives are the number one problem in America! Anyone can drive to Arizona and buy an Assault Knife with no Background Check!

Who needs a Knife? There's just no reason to own something that can pierce organs and cause terminal bleeding. The Knife Culture of America is subverting an otherwise perfect Utopian society.

What next? Strutting about with a knife duct-taped to your forehead? Clearly, anyone who wants their knife to be seen is out to kill us all!

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

"No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" - Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger, "Goldfinger"

Hah! One of the best top ten quotes ever!

On a serious note, I lived in NYC for 8 years and rode the subway 2 (if not 4) times a day at all hours. There were plenty of times where I wish I could have legally carried a firearm.

In one instance, I had 2 gang members (both had a red handkerchiefs hanging out their back pockets. I will leave that interpretation up to the reader) give me grief on the subway. Now, I'm usually the guy that keeps his head down and goes about his business and will go to great lengths to not get involved with any trouble. I was working for one of the top five investment banks at the time (wearing suit + tie of course) and I suppose I wasn't getting out of the subway car fast enough once we reached Times Square. One of the above mentioned "gang bangers" kicked me as hard as he could in the small of my back (I literally saw stars). Being that I have spent some decent time training in a few martial arts, I spun around and caught the second kick aimed at me and shoved the offender out onto the platform. Fortunately for me, the doors closed and left me one-on-one with his buddy still in the subway car, who wide eyed, stumbled away and went into the next car. However, as we were pulling away from the platform at 42nd St. I saw the guy on the platform (the one I threw) had a box cutter in his hand. I always think about what could have happened to me in that scenario (I'm a larger guy, 6'3 & 220lbs but I was still outnumbered 2 to 1, and one of my assailants had a deadly weapon). All I know is that I'm happy to now live in a state (CT) that allows me to carry a pistol upon my person.

Alexcabbie

If it has been said once (here and everywhere else) it has been said a million times. Every time carry laws have been opened up the antis have predicted a bloodbath. Every time this has happened, far from bathing the street in blood the flow has been stanched.

Yet the antis continue with their tired, discredited arguments. I have before separated the antis into two groups: Type One, the most common, who merely wish to eliminate unpleasantness from their lives (and usually have a good hearted - albeit thouroughly misguided - concern for the welfare of their fellow man); and the Type Two Anti, who believes that [1] the common man needs his elite assistance and that [2] therefore the common man must surrender his life to the well-meaning all-knowing elite (of which the Type Two is an example in his own mind). The mindset of the Type Two is almost invariably Maoist. Mao The Dung said: "Political Power Grows From The Barrel Of The Gun".

So no wonder the Left hates the RTKBA.

Now this knife-wielding maniac sank a blade into more than four folks. I will tell you what. I would rather be shot than have a blade hooked into me. Consider the type of wound engendered. A gunshot wound leaves ragged edges that lend themselves to the docking of coagulation factors. If an assailant gets close enough to you to sink a blade and open your aorta, you have maybe one minute to live. A gunshot wound leaves ragged edges for thrombins and clotting factors to stanch bleeding. If I were sentenced to trial by ordeal, and given my choice of being stabbed up close or shot at 25 yards, I'd choose the shooting.

Of course, given any choice I desired; choice one would be to never meet the bad guy in the first place. Or, failing that; to peaceably walk away. This is why I do not visit the Alexandria riverfront in the moonlight, and also why I ignore certain calls for service in certain areas of the City.

When I am armed, I never talk about anything except insipid crap about the weather. If I am armed, then if you make a comment about "president" Obama, I will go into the "Oh-well-they-are-all-crooks" conversation stopper. And I will continue to be non-commital no matter what your argument is. Wanna know how to tell if I am armed?? Just watch as I lay down meek answers to your obnoxious questions. When I am armed, there is a firearm AT EVERY ARGUMENT.....MINE.

eye95

"No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" - Gert Frobe as Auric Goldfinger, "Goldfinger"

But he never does!!! Why don't these bad guys just put a bullet in his head, instead of setting up some elaborate machine to slice Bond in half after they leave? Don't they know that they are in a Bond movie and that he can get out of any trap once the BG leaves the room? I swear. Bond BGs are about as bright as Bloomberg.

KansasMustang

It is a myth that the Nazis immediately put in gun control. Germany already had draconian gun laws when the Nazis came to power. They actually relaxed gun laws, except for the Jews, Gypsys, Commies, and other assorted "enemies of the state."

Eye95 I rest mt case.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

It seems that every post Since9 posts you have some kind of comeback. Either to discredit his statement or directly discredit him. I want you to provide proof of the Draconian gun laws that Germany had in place prior to the Hitler rise to power, and I will not accept links to Wikipedia.

eye95

Posting a fact that refutes an assertion by another poster is not stalking. Furthermore, I suggest that you look up the last 100 posts by the poster in question and see how many I replied to.

I think a stronger case could be made that the last two replies you made to me are stalking. After all, you are not talking facts, as I have been doing. Instead, you are choosing to make the poster, in this case, me, the focal point of your insults.

I will ask you kindly to either take issue with what I assert or just move on--like I am going to move on now.

j4l

The replies from NY'ers here are a bit confusing. Why the blaming of Bloomberg- the issue has existed since long before he ever came into power.And the blame goes to the State, it's legislature, and the Gov. 1st. -But again, that's always been the case.

Another spree- Remember Colin Fergusson? LIRR shootings back in '93 or '94? That lunatic went on a shooting spree on a packed LIRR train car. He was only stopped when he went to reload for the 2nd or 3rd time, and someone FINALLY worked up the nads to tackle him. Until then, everyone was a sitting duck-no where to run to, no way out-you're just stuck sitting there-usually against a window, with some 400+ pound person in the aisle seat next to you...trapped-all those folks could do was sit there and take the headshots.
Now, ONE person, legally armed, in that situation could have possibly resolved things very quickly. But...

And the aftermath of that? Mrs. MC Carthy -the wife of one of the victims-goes on to become a congresswoman- on an ANTI-GUN campaign.
How bloody backwards was THAT? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

j4l

heck, that's nothing new for a NY politician..:banghead:

j4l

fair enough, but even Rudy was opposed to a lot of what most of us in here stand for.
The one thing that frustrated me about him to no end...
But, having lived in NY and LI for over 15 yrs-(before coming to my senses and moving)
I really chaffed at the laws there, for the law-abiding.Esp. during the 80's ,pre-Rudy, when the scumbags were running amok everywhere with impunity, and law-abiding citzens were simply at their mercy...the one place where the populace NEEDS to be armed to the teeth, they are not permitted to be so..enfuriating.But hardly new.

kubel

That's unpossible! When you dial 911, a matter transporter INSTANTLY deposits a policeman between you and danger. That's why you don't need a gun!

The 9mm Matter Transporter seems to outfunction and outperform the 911 Matter Transporter. I hear the .40 Matter Transporter is even better.

Alexcabbie

What is galling is how seriously the Lefties take themselves as the Last Hope of Humanity. Remember when Nancy Pelosi, being questioned about the legality and wisdom of her climate-change agenda, dismissed the criticism by saying:

"I'M TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANET!!!"

:shocker:​

Who does she think she is?? Wonder Woman??

We are dealing with LUNATICS. Lunatics who have managed to convince many that their way is the path to sanity. Boy, the late Frank Zappa would have a field day with this bunch. Frank was, many suppose, pretty far to the left. Truth is, he wasn't. If he had lived to hear Pelosi declare she was "trying to save the planet", she would never have lived down Zappa's barbs.

Alexcabbie

"She's a valley girl, she's a valley girl!"
Actually she's from Baltimores famous Little Italy (or LillItlee as it's known in Bawlmerese). She's the daughter (or grand daughter?) of former Baltimore Mayor D'lessandro (or is it DeLaessandro? Dellessandro?)
Whatever. She also owns several vineyards in California and will NOT employ Union workers. Some friend of the little guy.

BTW, just on a side note, Michelle Obama, who is presently lecturing everybody to eat berries and bark to stay healthy, was just spotted stuffing her face with spare-ribs in downtown D.C. Lefties. Not only are they nuts, they're hypocrites into the bargain.

swinokur

Activist Member
BTW, just on a side note, Michelle Obama, who is presently lecturing everybody to eat berries and bark to stay healthy, was just spotted stuffing her face with spare-ribs in downtown D.C. Lefties. Not only are they nuts, they're hypocrites into the bargain.

I heard they were spotted slurping down their low sodium, low fat ribs at a ski resort in Colorado. I can't recall a first family in recent memory taking as many vacations as this one does. Doesn't matter their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

But then again trying to regulate our lives and thoughts can be a tough business. They need a break.

:uhoh: