Thread: Is OC at Ragged Island WMA Legal?

Is OC at Ragged Island WMA Legal?

I have looked up and down with the search tool here and couldn't find anything. Anyone know? Thanks!
    Craig
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

It looks like it's managed by the DGIF. Whatever their rules are should stand.

The DGIF is controlled by statute (I believe) under Section 29.1 of the state code and Agency 15 of the VAC. I can find no reference lawful restricting carry on these lands.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Handy Thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...anagement+area

Should clear it right up for ya.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    Handy Thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...anagement+area

Should clear it right up for ya.
    Yep. That says it all and it's right up there in my pet peeve list.
    BTW ODA, you are OK as long as it stays concealed.

The WMA's are part of the special multi state arrangement with the National Forests.
    WMA's can be fairly dangerous places. Many have Bears which aren't usually a problem, ferel dogs which are, rabid animals of all types and of course....people.

All sorts of things go on in WMA's and people are by far the biggest threat. So why is OC without a permit not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    All sorts of things go on in WMA's and people are by far the biggest threat.
    Without a doubt.

I remember a young couple was murdered there in the late 1980s, and they had to keep closing it in the 1990s due to homosexuals.

Ragged Island WMA is across the street from where I live. I was walking my dog there today and was appalled at all of the trash littering the otherwise beautiful area.

From what I can see, the State hasn't done anything to clean out the area in the past 6+ months.

I was thinking that members of OCDO and the VCDL could "adopt" Ragged Island WMA and give it a good initial cleaning. Afterwards it would be easy to maintain.

It also appears to carry at Ragged Island, one would need a valid CHP. It DOESN'T say that OC with a CHP is illegal. Maybe User could chime in?

Would anyone be interested in this?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    It also appears to carry at Ragged Island, one would need a valid CHP. It DOESN'T say that OC with a CHP is illegal. Maybe User could chime in?

Would anyone be interested in this?
    That is the way it and the National Forest reads but the OC CC thing has been batted back and forth with the general consensus being CC only.

Since a CHP is required, it doesn't matter to me and I never got around to researching whether it needs to be concealed or not.

If you do a cleanup during hunting season, I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    That is the way it and the National Forest reads but the OC CC thing has been batted back and forth with the general consensus being CC only.

Since a CHP is required, it doesn't matter to me and I never got around to researching whether it needs to be concealed or not.

If you do a cleanup during hunting season, I'd be interested.
    i concur peter, you nad i could sit one side while the "cleanup" crew starts "cleaning up" while moving in our general direction. this sounds like an ideal way to cleanup the trash and a few deer at the same time.