• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is OC at Ragged Island WMA Legal?

wylde007

It looks like it's managed by the DGIF. Whatever their rules are should stand.

The DGIF is controlled by statute (I believe) under Section 29.1 of the state code and Agency 15 of the VAC. I can find no reference lawful restricting carry on these lands.

t33j

Handy Thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...hlight=national+park+wildlife+management+area

Should clear it right up for ya.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Yep. That says it all and it's right up there in my pet peeve list.
BTW ODA, you are OK as long as it stays concealed.

The WMA's are part of the special multi state arrangement with the National Forests.
WMA's can be fairly dangerous places. Many have Bears which aren't usually a problem, ferel dogs which are, rabid animals of all types and of course....people.

All sorts of things go on in WMA's and people are by far the biggest threat. So why is OC without a permit not allowed:cuss:

ODA 226

Ragged Island WMA is across the street from where I live. I was walking my dog there today and was appalled at all of the trash littering the otherwise beautiful area.

From what I can see, the State hasn't done anything to clean out the area in the past 6+ months.

I was thinking that members of OCDO and the VCDL could "adopt" Ragged Island WMA and give it a good initial cleaning. Afterwards it would be easy to maintain.

It also appears to carry at Ragged Island, one would need a valid CHP. It DOESN'T say that OC with a CHP is illegal. Maybe User could chime in?

Would anyone be interested in this?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It also appears to carry at Ragged Island, one would need a valid CHP. It DOESN'T say that OC with a CHP is illegal. Maybe User could chime in?

Would anyone be interested in this?

That is the way it and the National Forest reads but the OC CC thing has been batted back and forth with the general consensus being CC only.

Since a CHP is required, it doesn't matter to me and I never got around to researching whether it needs to be concealed or not.

If you do a cleanup during hunting season, I'd be interested.

67GT390FB

That is the way it and the National Forest reads but the OC CC thing has been batted back and forth with the general consensus being CC only.

Since a CHP is required, it doesn't matter to me and I never got around to researching whether it needs to be concealed or not.

If you do a cleanup during hunting season, I'd be interested.

i concur peter, you nad i could sit one side while the "cleanup" crew starts "cleaning up" while moving in our general direction. this sounds like an ideal way to cleanup the trash and a few deer at the same time.