• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC,

Fallon Jon

Hey all,
First of all thanks to all of you who have made an effort to enlighten us I have found a ton of useful information so far.
My wonderful wife just gave me a new Kimber Pro Raptor for Valentines...I cut off some fingers years ago and stopped carrying then but the serrations on the raptor allow for a much better grip and after a few hundred rounds I decided to start carrying again.
I have searched through the Nevada forums and so far understand the current laws for on-person carry. But I can't find or am just to slow to figure out what to do when in my vehicle.

Specifically is it OK to leave my pistol in it's holster on my side when driving, most officers seem to approach my vehicle on my drivers side, this puts my holster away from them inadvertently concealing. I really don't want it sliding around on the dash either. I currently use a Comp-tac holster that fit's very securely and would be a pain to take off every time I enter my car.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Before I got my concealed carry permit I always carried openly on my hip, and I continued to carry it openly on my hip while I was in the car. If stopped by an officer the first thing I informed him of was that I was carrying openly to make sure he couldn't confuse it with being concealed.