Thread: Given the choice, The Swiss vote to keep thier guns

Given the choice, The Swiss vote to keep thier guns

As they should!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

That is good news. No reason they should give them up because of an imagined and irrational fear.

Banned
    The outcome is better than the other possible outcome, but this is not good news. That there was a vote in the first place implies that a vote can remove a natural right. That is a feature of a democracy and not of a constitutional republic that protects rights, regardless of democratic whims. Thank God we are not a democracy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what is for dinner. Democracy is two white guys and a black guy deciding where on the bus the black guy must sit. Democracy is 50% +1 deciding whether the people have the right to keep and bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The outcome is better than the other possible outcome, but this is not good news. That there was a vote in the first place implies that a vote can remove a natural right. That is a feature of a democracy and not of a constitutional republic that protects rights, regardless of democratic whims. Thank God we are not a democracy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what is for dinner. Democracy is two white guys and a black guy deciding where on the bus the black guy must sit. Democracy is 50% +1 deciding whether the people have the right to keep and bear arms.
    +1 This is so true. Majority rule means freedom, liberty, and rights go away.

Quote Originally Posted by dng View Post
    +1 This is so true. Majority rule means freedom, liberty, and rights go away.

That is Kommiefornia in a nutshell!!!

From the article-
    "Doctors, churches and women's groups tried and failed Sunday to require military-issued firearms to be locked in secure army depots. They also wanted the Swiss government to establish a national gun registry and ban the sale of fully automatic weapons and pump-action rifles, arguing this would help cut incidents of domestic violence and Switzerland's high rate of firearms suicides".

LOL

"I was going to kill myself today but damn, I am not sure if this registered semi-auto will get the job done, If I had a full-auto unregistered firearm I could kill myself better."
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

So a country that is known world-wide for its allowance of suicide clinics is trying to implement strict gun control to curb suicide?

I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyler12 View Post
    So a country that is known world-wide for its allowance of suicide clinics is trying to implement strict gun control to curb suicide?

I lol'd.

Yeah, believe it or not, everyone in that country doesn't have the same opinion about everything. There are actually different points of view, they don't all share the same brain.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Yeah, believe it or not, everyone in that country doesn't have the same opinion about everything. There are actually different points of view, they don't all share the same brain.
    Hey, no one wants that logic stuff here....