• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Given the choice, The Swiss vote to keep thier guns

eye95

The outcome is better than the other possible outcome, but this is not good news. That there was a vote in the first place implies that a vote can remove a natural right. That is a feature of a democracy and not of a constitutional republic that protects rights, regardless of democratic whims. Thank God we are not a democracy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what is for dinner. Democracy is two white guys and a black guy deciding where on the bus the black guy must sit. Democracy is 50% +1 deciding whether the people have the right to keep and bear arms.

dng

State Researcher
The outcome is better than the other possible outcome, but this is not good news. That there was a vote in the first place implies that a vote can remove a natural right. That is a feature of a democracy and not of a constitutional republic that protects rights, regardless of democratic whims. Thank God we are not a democracy.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what is for dinner. Democracy is two white guys and a black guy deciding where on the bus the black guy must sit. Democracy is 50% +1 deciding whether the people have the right to keep and bear arms.

+1 This is so true. Majority rule means freedom, liberty, and rights go away.

END_THE_FED

From the article-
"Doctors, churches and women's groups tried and failed Sunday to require military-issued firearms to be locked in secure army depots. They also wanted the Swiss government to establish a national gun registry and ban the sale of fully automatic weapons and pump-action rifles, arguing this would help cut incidents of domestic violence and Switzerland's high rate of firearms suicides".

LOL

"I was going to kill myself today but damn, I am not sure if this registered semi-auto will get the job done, If I had a full-auto unregistered firearm I could kill myself better."

Zyler12

So a country that is known world-wide for its allowance of suicide clinics is trying to implement strict gun control to curb suicide?

I lol'd.

END_THE_FED

So a country that is known world-wide for its allowance of suicide clinics is trying to implement strict gun control to curb suicide?

I lol'd.

Yeah, believe it or not, everyone in that country doesn't have the same opinion about everything. There are actually different points of view, they don't all share the same brain.