• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Troubled at Food Lion....

Sc0tt

Probably should file a complaint with the PD... Their off duty officers shouldnt be using their badges to harass people that are acting lawfully.

I totally agree with this. An off duty cop has no duty or right to go around acting morally superior telling everyone what they can and can not do esp when he is SO Horribly Wrong!

jerz_subbie

So far I have only OC's once in my local food lion here in northeast charlotte by the speedway. I went in and I tell ya the good looking girl at the counter seemed friendlier than usual =)

Hmmm, I don't shop at Food Lion but drive by that one regularly going to the post office right behind it and may have to stop in to verify the "good looking"-ness of said girl haha!

As for contacting corporate/upper management, keep in mind that it may reflect poorly upon the store manager if the overall tone of your contact is a "complaint." There's nothing wrong with contacting them but I would make clear that the point of my contact is to report my positive interaction with the store manager and how he defused the situation so well. Having worked in big-box retail I've seen how DM's, Regional coordinators, and Regional exec's can interpret ANY contact from a customer as a failure of the store manager to handle a situation. Just my $.02

Last edited:

XDUser

I totally agree with this. An off duty cop has no duty or right to go around acting morally superior telling everyone what they can and can not do esp when he is SO Horribly Wrong!

File a complaint for sure. I would just because I think it is stupid for a off duty LEO of any sort to identify them self in that manner.
One it is not their business, off duty is off duty. Two it is dangerous.