• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for Volunteers: Ragged Island WMA Cleanup 05 Mar 11

justin0829

Hampton Gun Show

I figured I would post this here as just a "btw", I went to the gun show on sunday to look at a few things. I renewed my VCDL membership while there and talked with Ron Lilly and the other guys there a little bit about the OCDO clean up. I was kinda wondering if they would probably want info and links to anything that comes out (from RT or The Pilot if/when it does) on what went on Saturday? I'm assuming Craig or Travis would have more information on if/when RT's or the Pilots pieces would be coming out or if you wanted to send all that stuff to the VCDL guys that handle the VA-alerts?

wylde007

As soon as we have a response regarding when it will air, we will be sure to post it up here and send links to Philip.

Kaelyn estimated it would be sometime near the end of this week.

ODA 226

I figured I would post this here as just a "btw", I went to the gun show on sunday to look at a few things. I renewed my VCDL membership while there and talked with Ron Lilly and the other guys there a little bit about the OCDO clean up. I was kinda wondering if they would probably want info and links to anything that comes out (from RT or The Pilot if/when it does) on what went on Saturday? I'm assuming Craig or Travis would have more information on if/when RT's or the Pilots pieces would be coming out or if you wanted to send all that stuff to the VCDL guys that handle the VA-alerts?

As soon as the Pilot contacts me, I'll let everyone know!

BTW: the DGIF called me and wanted me to tell everyone involved how much they truly appreciate our efforts in cleaning up Ragged Island which they said is a real problem for them.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I watched from about 4:06-4:15 and was kind of glad it didn't air. After watching the issues going on in Japan and Libya I felt our little human interest story would be dwarfed and look feeble.

I am still looking forward to seeing what they publish but felt very weird watching a Russian Today station talking about US policies etc....:uhoh:

wylde007

I just spoke to the journalist on the phone (she called me) and now she is saying that the piece (which is now a two-part production) should air Tuesday.

With everything going on in the middle east and Japan, plus coverage of a potentially controversial protest on Sunday (she wouldn't elaborate, but it is apparently big enough to bump our story out of the 5 o'clock spot on Monday) they are swamped with story content.

She thanked us for our continued patience and asked our forgiveness for the delay.

ocholsteroc

I just spoke to the journalist on the phone (she called me) and now she is saying that the piece (which is now a two-part production) should air Tuesday.

With everything going on in the middle east and Japan, plus coverage of a potentially controversial protest on Sunday (she wouldn't elaborate, but it is apparently big enough to bump our story out of the 5 o'clock spot on Monday) they are swamped with story content.

She thanked us for our continued patience and asked our forgiveness for the delay.

Two part production so Tuesday and Wednesday?

ODA 226

If someone could record and post it, I'd really appreciate it. My Mom died and her funeral is on Tuesday so I won't be able to see it.