• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"High Capacity Mags"

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Just out of curiosity, how many of my fellow CT residents are snapping up "high capacity" magazines out of fear of them being banned? As I'm originally from California, I'm particularly sensitive to this situation.

I have to say that as a G19 owner I have purchased a decent quantity of 15+ mags in the last couple of weeks...

djn777

Did i not read correctly that if this law does pass it is for the sale and ownership of high capacity? Meaning they intend not to grandfather in? I currently own 2 17 round for my ruger sr-9

buketdude

I have yet to see any bill formed in the CT Legislature addressing magazine capacity..the concept was talked about..but no bill..unless someone has seen one??

I know one was introduced at federal level..but in reality that bill is not even going to get a hearing

Last edited:

KIX

I missed the discussion two weeks ago at the legislative office building because there really was NO advance notice.

There was discussion on magazine limits, but because it was separate from the other discussion last Thursday, I cannot comment on that topic.

However, as I recall, the mere possession makes you an immediate criminal if the bill passes.

We need to be vigilant on this and any 2A encroachment by our congressional critters.

Jonathan