• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ab143

wrightme

how about constitutional carry instead of all this sheeple bleating.
This is also being worked.

"All eggs in one basket" isn't a good position to be in.

And yes, as long as there are states out there with no Constitutional Carry, reciprocity is a rational reason to retain a CC permit system. Whether you are for or against the permit, easing the requirements IS a step in the right direction. It is just not as large of a step as you desire.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
This is also being worked.

"All eggs in one basket" isn't a good position to be in.

And yes, as long as there are states out there with no Constitutional Carry, reciprocity is a rational reason to retain a CC permit system. Whether you are for or against the permit, easing the requirements IS a step in the right direction. It is just not as large of a step as you desire.

Once we get constitutional carry in, we might want to go the way of Alaska and create a permit stringent enough to receive reciprocity in as many states as possible. The current NV permit is so crappy for reciprocity that we'd be better served by having a Florida and Utah non-resident permit. The only advantage of the NV permit is to carry in NV itself and maybe one or two states that require one to have a permit from their state of residence, but I'm not sure our permit is good enough for those states anyway.

But in the meanwhile of course, easing requirements is good if we can't get constitutional carry.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Once we get constitutional carry in, we might want to go the way of Alaska and create a permit stringent enough to receive reciprocity in as many states as possible. The current NV permit is so crappy for reciprocity that we'd be better served by having a Florida and Utah non-resident permit. The only advantage of the NV permit is to carry in NV itself and maybe one or two states that require one to have a permit from their state of residence, but I'm not sure our permit is good enough for those states anyway.

But in the meanwhile of course, easing requirements is good if we can't get constitutional carry.

I would hope the ease of restrictions enters. There is no need to place more on us. For my travel needs I have FL and Ut. I would rather have no restrictions though.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I definitely agree.

Ideally we'd require no permit here at all. Until we get to that state, we need to make the current permit as user-friendly as possible. Once we have concealed carry without a permit here, many want to keep the permit optional for reciprocity purposes. I think once we have carry without a permit within Nevada, there is no benefit for a voluntary permit system to exist unless it is optimized for maximum reciprocity

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher

Actually, if you want more states to honor Nevada's permits, Nevada will need to change its extremely restrictive reciprocity law and instead unilaterally honor all other states' permits like Idaho, Utah, and Arizona.