• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senario

SIGguy229

Why are you asking for legal advice on an online forum? Sounds like you need to consult an attorney...because no matter what some guy on the internet says, you're the one on the hook. You can read the state law as well as the next guy....

mastiff69

Read the laws & reread them,
make sure you 100percent in the right,
& if you think there will be problems
& you have to be at this event bring a video recorder
may save the he said she said issue just my humble opinion...

PS there may NOT be any ICE as the temps are going into the 50 + area

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not trolling just asking a questions.

Fine, so let me ask a few and let's stop playing games.

On which forum did the OP reference problem occur? Provide a direct link.

Where, date and time of the meet 'n' greet and what organization?

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
If you or your friend feel threatened enough to feel deadly force may be necessary, you should probably have already informed the police. Let us pretend that the gentlemen does indeed show up at the event, does indeed incite an argument or physical confrontation, and someone is forced to draw and shoot. Your comments and questions here clearly suggest you or your friend are in fear of your life from another individual. Weather there has been a clear and direct threat, consulting a police officer will at least provide you with proof you attempted to have the police handle or deescalate the situation before it got out of hand, as you were clearly fearful for your life.

In the cover your ass realm of the world, the above suggestion at least covers your ass and creates a paper trail if you are forced by the threatening individual to draw and possibly fire a weapon.

My personal thoughts, anyone who clearly knows I am armed and prepared to defend myself with a firearm who attacks me physically is either crazy or wishes death by citizen.

Yooper

If you or your friend feel threatened enough to feel deadly force may be necessary, you should probably have already informed the police. Let us pretend that the gentlemen does indeed show up at the event, does indeed incite an argument or physical confrontation, and someone is forced to draw and shoot. Your comments and questions here clearly suggest you or your friend are in fear of your life from another individual. Weather there has been a clear and direct threat, consulting a police officer will at least provide you with proof you attempted to have the police handle or deescalate the situation before it got out of hand, as you were clearly fearful for your life.

In the cover your ass realm of the world, the above suggestion at least covers your ass and creates a paper trail if you are forced by the threatening individual to draw and possibly fire a weapon.

My personal thoughts, anyone who clearly knows I am armed and prepared to defend myself with a firearm who attacks me physically is either crazy or wishes death by citizen.

+1

ice_man08

Not trolling just asking a questions.

The Meet and Greent is this saterday from 7am till midnight on the north end of gull lake.
The problems where between Pms and email.
Here is one of the emails.
I will be on Gull lake all day and night and it won't be hard to find me. And as I wouldn't recommend you introducing yourself to me, because I promise I will be the one to walk away from it.

Last edited:

SIGguy229

Sounds like an angry child who is going to beat someone down because of stupid crap said on the internet....

Seriously? If you're that concerned, either 1) don't go; 2) be an adult and mind your own business; 3) file a complaint.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Meet and Greent is this saterday from 7am till midnight on the north end of gull lake.
The problems where between Pms and email.
Here is one of the emails.
I will be on Gull lake all day and night and it won't be hard to find me. And as I wouldn't recommend you introducing yourself to me, because I promise I will be the one to walk away from it.

Ice_man your playing games and avoiding direct questions - way too many things you have posted do not even begin to add up.

If there is a chance that the situation is truthful/genuine, you notify LEA and do not go where there is potential trouble. Simple really.

All other potential clues lead to troll, agent provocateur, or basement PC.

Funniest part is the reference to a planned event meet 'n' greet from 7:00 AM to midnight (LOL, very funny) to which your unknown buddy is an "organizer" of an unknown event by an unnamed organization/group on an unnamed forum with communication by email from people that have never met but are threatening.

My BS flag is snapping in the breeze.

ice_man08

Sounds like an angry child who is going to beat someone down because of stupid crap said on the internet....

Seriously? If you're that concerned, either 1) don't go; 2) be an adult and mind your own business; 3) file a complaint.
This is our event. We are the orginizers. We simply cannot not go. Its a public lake so we can not ask him to leave by law. If i knew that you were going to a **** i would never have signed up, I would never have donated any money... I guess im just not pro enough for this website. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Last edited:

ice_man08

I am very Greatful to those that have helped me in this question. Glad all the peeps from VA could chime in as well....

ice_man08

Agreed. If a threat has been communicated you should contact the police of the jurisdiction of the venue.

Thank you Q you have shed the most light on this topic yet. I will contacting the LEA for that area. Besides starting paperwork not exactly sure what this will acomplish. The last thing we want is trouble. We are just trying to have a fun event.

Last edited:

ice_man08

Ice_man your playing games and avoiding direct questions - way too many things you have posted do not even begin to add up.

If there is a chance that the situation is truthful/genuine, you notify LEA and do not go where there is potential trouble. Simple really.

All other potential clues lead to troll, agent provocateur, or basement PC.

Funniest part is the reference to a planned event meet 'n' greet from 7:00 AM to midnight (LOL, very funny) to which your unknown buddy is an "organizer" of an unknown event by an unnamed organization/group on an unnamed forum with communication by email from people that have never met but are threatening.

My BS flag is snapping in the breeze.

If you simply must know every detail of the event there is a Pan fish tournament from 7am untill 1pm. then Lunch and Meet and greet, then We start Fishing for smelt untill midnight when the park closes. I am not Bsing anyone. COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited:

SIGguy229

This is our event. We are the orginizers. We simply can not go. Its a public lake so we can not ask him to leave by law. If i knew that you were going to a **** i would never have signed up, I would never have donated any money... I guess im just not pro enough for this website. Sorry to have wasted your time.

What are you talking about?? You asked for suggestions--you got suggestions. You don't like the suggestions of avoidance, acting in an adult-like manner, or filing a complaint? Or do you want a step-by-step process of a justifiable shoot?

The way I see it, the only one being an **** is the one who is being pouty and taking their toys and going home.

BTW--the children comment was in regards to the other party...not you.

I recommend punctuation and paragraphs to separate thoughts.

Last edited:

TheQ

Thank you Q you have shed the most light on this topic yet. I will contacting the LEA for that area. Besides starting paperwork not exactly sure what this will acomplish. The last thing we want is trouble. We are just trying to have a fun event.

Contacting the police will help CYA. It may be a crime to communicate a threat(?). If so, they will investigate that crime.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am very Greatful to those that have helped me in this question. Glad all the peeps from VA could chime in as well....

This is our event. We are the orginizers. We simply cannot not go. Its a public lake so we can not ask him to leave by law. If i knew that you were going to a **** i would never have signed up, I would never have donated any money... I guess im just not pro enough for this website. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Thank you for a simple and direct answer - things like this are important because they lend validity to an otherwise murky situation.

It is NOT a question of being "good enough" - it is a matter of being open and without malice or sarcasm to the members. We can only lead people to the water, whether they drink from the well of knowledge offered here is a matter of choice. Hope the day goes well for you and your guests.

I have been called a lot of things but never a "peep from Va" - I am honored. :lol:

jeremy05

Its pretty much this simple.

If you feel that your life or the life of another is in danger of great bodily harm or death, you may use your firearm to stop the threat.

Use that to figure out any thought up scenarios.

If you feel like theres a 100% chance that this guy is going to come to the event and that you WILL have to shoot this guy, then you sir are just plain retarded for showing up, call the police and get a restraining order on this guy. That would mean you are going looking for a shooting scenario.

If your problem is all from talking on online forums, I hope you learned a lesson.

If you get into a shoot out and all thread is online! You are so going to jail for using your gun on this guy, because would seem to me like thats why you went there. Seems pretty planned.

TheQ

Please see MCL 750.316 & 750.317 for further legal guidance.

Avoidance is probably the wisest course. If the guy shows up and starts acting up/antagonizing, maintain a cool head & call 911 immediately.