• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Map Correction

vote_no

I couldn't find anywhere to submit map corrections, so I'll just put it here. The College Carry map shows Arizona as being "Not Statutorily Prohibited," yet on the Arizona page it correctly says that there is indeed a statute.

JesseL

Just what is the AZ statute prohibiting college carry? I was under the impression that it's currently a policy matter to be decided by the college administration.

azcdlfred

Just what is the AZ statute prohibiting college carry? I was under the impression that it's currently a policy matter to be decided by the college administration.
I can't quote you the statute, but whatever statutes control colleges and unviersites have pretty much given carte blanche to whatever the governing boards want to do regarding firearms.

It's not a "weapons misconduct" (ARS 13-3102) violation. It's something to do with disruption or interference in a college/university institution. I believe it's a misdemeanor.

Azkopper or one of the others can help you out.

There are 4 bills for some form of campus carry filed this year. You can read about them at AzCDL's Legislative Page and they are covered in our February newsletter (see the thread).

Fred

JesseL

Interesting.

Penalties shall include provisions for the ejection of a violator from the property and, in the case of a student, faculty member or other staff violator, the violator's suspension or expulsion or any other appropriate disciplinary action. A governing board shall amend its rules as necessary to ensure the maintenance of public order. Any deadly weapon, dangerous instrument or explosive that is used, displayed or possessed by a person in violation of a rule adopted pursuant to this subsection shall be forfeited and sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of pursuant to chapter 39 of this title.

I wonder just how that's supposed to work.