• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have a chalange for all of us

Edgar

Those of you in or around Pierce county to look into the Pierce Countys “Community Academy” web adderss: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/ourorg/sheriff/academyinfo.htm
and try atending. Those of you outside of this area see if your county has something simaler thing for you to take. The chalange I’m making is for us to step up and show the LEO’s that we know that with the rights we enjoy , the right to carry openly or conceled, we have a Dutie to help others in need be it a little old lady, pritty gal, or that LEO that just stoped a car full people and could use backup to handel the situation safely. Can we as a community do this?:eek:

G20-IWB24/7

You're going to have to translate that into English for me. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

+1.

Some of us already help old ladies and 'pritty' gals anyways, and jumping in as an uninvited 3rd party guest in a traffic-stop is a very bad idea (that's why they issue them radios, and teach the LEOs to use words like "back-up").

joeroket

Those of you in or around Pierce county to look into the Pierce Countys “Community Academy” web adderss: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/ourorg/sheriff/academyinfo.htm
and try atending. Those of you outside of this area see if your county has something simaler thing for you to take. The chalange I’m making is for us to step up and show the LEO’s that we know that with the rights we enjoy , the right to carry openly or conceled, we have a Dutie to help others in need be it a little old lady, pritty gal, or that LEO that just stoped a car full people and could use backup to handel the situation safely. Can we as a community do this?:eek:

I have a duty to protect myself and my family. I have no duty to help anyone else. I will however help others if the situation calls for it and I can do it safely.

As far as helping an LEO that just stopped a car full of people and could use backup? Uh....I don't freakin think so. You can go right on ahead and try but I am willing to bet that you will either be told to get the hell away or you will be held at gunpoint until his real backup arrives. They don't want your help because they have no idea who you are. They know the other guys in the uniform.

SeattleWingsfan

This is very interesting to me. Thanks for posting. I had no idea that they had such a program. I am all for getting to know my local LEOs. It has come in handy before.

I do agree there is no way I would be offering back-up so to speak. Now if it was a SHTF moment and I was say in a situation and bullets were flying... And it was an LEO, me and innocent bystandards. That would probably go out the window. I would also hope that the chance to signal my intentions to help, would present itself before I drew my weapon and ended up getting shot myself.

Last edited:

jbone

I’m sure Tawnos won’t like my version any better but here is my attempt to translate where I think Edger was going with this.

Those of you living in and around Pierce county please take a look at this website: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/...cademyinfo.htm, it outlines the county’s “Community Academy”.

I believe other LEA’s around the state may offer similar academy’s, and I was thinking attendance would prove informative into understanding your department’s outlook on whether they practice reactive enforcement, or problem oriented, problem solving community policing. I think it would be great if we could arrange for several in the OC community to attend this course and others like it. I’m not advocating OC at the course since I’m not sure if we could, but at any rate it may offer us a platform to help LE better understand our position on OC, and why we take our rights to heart. You participation would be greatly appreciated, I’m sure the experience will be beneficial for them and us.

The course should be informative to attend at the very least. Not to mention helping a few hotties and old Betty’s out?:D

Last edited:

reillo584

I’m sure Tawnos won’t like my version any better but here is my attempt to translate where I think Edger was going with this.

Those of you living in and around Pierce county please take a look at this website: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/...cademyinfo.htm, it outlines the county’s “Community Academy”.

I believe other LEA’s around the state may offer similar academy’s, and I was thinking attendance would prove informative into understanding your department’s outlook on whether they practice reactive enforcement, or problem oriented, problem solving community policing. I think it would be great if we could arrange for several in the OC community to attend this course and others like it. I’m not advocating OC at the course since I’m not sure if we could, but at any rate it may offer us a platform to help LE better understand our position on OC, and why we take our rights to heart. You participation would be greatly appreciated, I’m sure the experience will be beneficial for them and us.

The course should be informative to attend at the very least. Not to mention helping a few hotties and old Betty’s out?:D

IMHO, Edgar's version was more amusing...:lol:

DevinWKuska

Filled out the application. Sounds like it could be fun! Oddly they ask for the last 4 of my SSI#, probably for proper identification eh? Cant have Al'Qaida signing up can we?

amlevin

After starting to read the post I think the primary challenge would be for someone to learn how to spell or get a free spell check program. Switch to Chrome for a browser and it will do it for you. Also translates from the most common "foreign languages" although I'm not sure gibberish is considered one.

Edgar

thank you

thank you for the translation i ant the best at puting things in words.:lol:
as far as helping LEO's go I have three times offered ade. once was told toget the f** out of the area. i said ok later and off i went. once told no thank you back-up was enrout, again i said ok and off i went. and once was told yes unfortunately the nut job with the knife lunged at the cop and was shot. now i live in the back side of the county and it normaly takes one to two houres for a cop to show up and longer for backup so the sheriff officers night be more open to help dont know?

Edgar

After starting to read the post I think the primary challenge would be for someone to learn how to spell or get a free spell check program. Switch to Chrome for a browser and it will do it for you. Also translates from the most common "foreign languages" although I'm not sure gibberish is considered one.

i did use spell check the problem is it dont speak with the same accent i do:D

jbone

thank you for the translation...

Happy to help, I've though of doing the same my area (minus open carry at it) but know with my work hours I could never make all the required dates of attendance.:cry:

Last edited:

DEROS72

Man and I thought I was a bad speller.....as for jumping in the middle of a police stop I don't effn think so.Thats nuts.I have already built a relationship with police in my area as well as local business and they leave us alone.Some will even stop and say hello give me their cell numbers to call instead of dispatch if I have any gang banger problems.
There was a shooting here on pac hwy the other night and Bookman (as he was driving to work) said the cops had people detained and were looking for another suspect.Now imagine you ,unknown to cops just wander into that saying hey whats up fellas.Chances are your'e going to wind up in cuffs.

Trigger Dr

There are any number of reasons a person may not spell or use grammer properly. I had an english teacher whose favorite saying was "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with"
A person may have a learning disability, never attended school, suffered an accident, etc. Give Edgar a little slack, he is at least trying.

sudden valley gunner

There are any number of reasons a person may not spell or use grammer properly. I had an english teacher whose favorite saying was "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with"
A person may have a learning disability, never attended school, suffered an accident, etc. Give Edgar a little slack, he is at least trying.

+1

And it doesn't mean his viewpoint is worth any less than anyone else's.

I know I have to continually work on mine and still fall way short of the standard of many.

Edgar take the criticism as constructive and you will get better over time.

amlevin

We're just giving him a friendly poke or two.
1.gif
1.gif