• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have a chalange for all of us

joeroket

There are any number of reasons a person may not spell or use grammer properly. I had an english teacher whose favorite saying was "Never use a preposition to end a sentence with"
A person may have a learning disability, never attended school, suffered an accident, etc. Give Edgar a little slack, he is at least trying.

Precisely the reason I didn't bring it up. A good friend of mine is dyslexic so I understand.

sudden valley gunner

Precisely the reason I didn't bring it up. A good friend of mine is dyslexic so I understand.

My good friend growing up too, brilliant but couldn't spell at all and many times almost spoke in riddles, simply because his dyslexia was so bad it even affected the way he spoke. I use to tease him and call him Yoda.

joeroket

My good friend growing up too, brilliant but couldn't spell at all and many times almost spoke in riddles, simply because his dyslexia was so bad it even affected the way he spoke. I use to tease him and call him Yoda.

LOL. My buddy was not quite that bad but he ended up being an electrical engineer for Boeing. His is unbelievably smart.

Gunslinger

Those of you in or around Pierce county to look into the Pierce Countys “Community Academy” web adderss: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/PC/abtus/ourorg/sheriff/academyinfo.htm
and try atending. Those of you outside of this area see if your county has something simaler thing for you to take. The chalange I’m making is for us to step up and show the LEO’s that we know that with the rights we enjoy , the right to carry openly or conceled, we have a Dutie to help others in need be it a little old lady, pritty gal, or that LEO that just stoped a car full people and could use backup to handel the situation safely. Can we as a community do this?:eek:

Aside from Spellcheck being your friend...it seems Washington does not need to help rogue cops gun down innocent men carrying a folded knife and the wood he was carving, op cit. So they probably don't need help in rousting a car full of people with a violation of their 4th amendment rights, either. That's really minor league compared to killing someone in cold blood because they had a mean look on their face.

fire suppressor

we have a Dutie to help others in need be it a little old lady, pritty gal, or that LEO that just stoped a car full people and could use backup to handel the situation safely.

I have a duty to protect my self and my family I don't carry to play police officer. I'm not saying I wouldn't intervene in a very select few scenarios but I am not going to recommenced anyone here tries and mobilize a armed vigilante group

Dave_pro2a

I looked into something like this in my locality, out of curiosity. The one in my community also included a ride along.

Participants were not allowed to CCW. I suspect it's the same in Pierce county, or anywhere else.

That nixed the idea right there for me.

joeroket

I looked into something like this in my locality, out of curiosity. The one in my community also included a ride along.

Participants were not allowed to CCW. I suspect it's the same in Pierce county, or anywhere else.

That nixed the idea right there for me.

I don't know of any agency that will "officially" allow a person to carry during a ride along. I have ridden with officers while carrying but I get treated quite differently than most others do..