• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opportunity to Ask Fairfax County Chief of Police Questions In Person

VApatriot

From: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/stations/westspringfield/

Neighborhood News
The Citizens' Advisory Committee for the West Springfield District Station will meet on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 (the 1st Tuesday of the Month), at 7:30pm in the West Springfield District Station located at 6140 Rolling Road, Springfield, Virginia 22152.

This month's guest speaker is Colonel David M. Rohrer, Chief of Police.

Note: I've attended a couple of these CAC meetings over the past few months, and I think that it would be great if more of us VCDL/OCDO members, and gun-owners in general, were active in these local groups. These CAC groups are established to help interface citizens directly with FCPD, particularly district and station commanders. Getting gun-owners more involved could help spread the positives of both OC and CC to the unaware public, as well as higher ranking officers on the police force.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
chief-david-rohrer.jpg

VApatriot

I ended up stuck at work until about 8:00 tonight, and I though that it would be unwise to show up late to a public meeting while dirty, tired, and hungry, so I didn't make it out tonight. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who was able to make it.