Thread: Lincoln County/never OC'ed before

Lincoln County/never OC'ed before

I was just wonderin if anyone could tell me if its legal to open carry in lincoln county area. I called the sheriffs dept. but they couldnt tell me anything. Any info would be great.

I actually ran across a Sheriff at the Troy WalMart yesterday while carrying concealed. I was hiking at Cuivre River State Park right before that where I was OCing. I asked the sheriff if he was aware of the Open Carry laws in Lincoln County. He said the state has no laws against Open Carry. I informed him I was aware of this but I was wondering what the cities laws were against it. He said he was unaware of Troy's laws but as far as he knew, Lincoln County had no laws against it. He also said that he couldn't imagine a sheriff giving anyone trouble for OCing anywhere if they also had a CCW license.

Too bad they all don't think that way.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

So so

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    I actually ran across a Sheriff at the Troy Walmart yesterday while carrying concealed. I was hiking at Cuivre River State Park right before that where I was OCing. I asked the sheriff if he was aware of the Open Carry laws in Lincoln County. He said the state has no laws against Open Carry. I informed him I was aware of this but I was wondering what the cities laws were against it. He said he was unaware of Troy's laws but as far as he knew, Lincoln County had no laws against it. He also said that he couldn't imagine a sheriff giving anyone trouble for OCing anywhere if they also had a CCW license.

Too bad they all don't think that way.
    The officers opinion was moderately acceptable as far as OC goes. Though per Troy's codes a CCW is not required to OC in Troy. As you can see for yourself right here. http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/ . I have not been able to locate an online reference to Lincoln county's codes. Just go to the county government office and request a copy of there weapons offense codes. I would guess that it will be just a copy of the states codes. Most rural counties don't re-write the codes.

Doc

Never had any problems anywhere in Troy. Never had any problems with Lincoln County LEO's, but have never encountered any Troy LEO's. I always run into tons of State Troopers at the Phillips 66 (The often meet for lunch at the Jack in the Box), but I've never heard of anyone having a problem with Trooopers, though.

Boycott the CONOCO. I have an eerie feeling they put up a gun buster sign specifically for my benefit. Every time I used to go in there, I'd get leers from one particular employee. (The rest were really nice) Then, one day, a GB sign magically appeared. So I now go to the BP or Phillips 66.

Thanks everyone for the info. I live on the pike/lincoln line and as soon as my holster comes in I'm goin to the gas station in eolia for my first open carry

Thanks everyone for the info. I live on the pike/lincoln line and as soon as my holster comes in I'm goin to the gas station in eolia for my first open carry

Wow.

It seems like there are more of us from Eolia than there are from Overland on this board.

Nice to meet you cherokee.

Although, sohighlyunlikely (Doc) will definitely have a problem with you.

Seems as though Eee-ola, Eee-low-ya, Leee-yo-yo....wherever (Isn't that what you said, Doc?) is too obscure of a place. The thousands of members here from Overland all agree.

Check your PM's cherokee.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 02-18-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Wow.

It seems like there are more of us from Eolia than there are from Overland on this board.

Nice to meet you Cherokee.

Although, sohighlyunlikely (Doc) will definitely have a problem with you.

Seems as though Eee-ola, Eee-low-ya, Leee-yo-yo....wherever (Isn't that what you said, Doc?) is too obscure of a place. The thousands of members here from Overland all agree.

Check your PM's Cherokee.

For the record I would say besides myself and yourself the next most prolific Open Carry-ers in the region are BigMike and Salty. Both are coincidently from Overland. My humorous politically incorrect pronunciation of your town is Air-e-o-la.

Doc

I'm a fan of the areola pronunciation.

Cherokee what gun/holster setup you gonna be runnin?