• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings to all

dinwi

Hi folks,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Been watching for a while, and things seem to have simmered down since all the drama a couple of months ago :)
I happened to be at a family gathering on Saturday, and I spoke to an aide of one of our state reps.
I asked about progress on CC, and specifically Constitutional Carry. He was not familiar with the difference. We only had time to discuss it for a few minutes.

He said "right now, all we are working on is the budget & economy." and "if we try to introduce any legislation other than economic, the dems jump on us so hard, that we are not even bothering to try."
I asked if it was on the agenda, and he said yes, they will get something passed, but he doubted very much if it would be before the budget was complete. I asked when that would happen, and he said hopefully by July.

Makes me mad...

Anyway, thanks for the information you all post here. I finally had something to say, so figured it was a good time to join.

D

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum and please take a look at Wisconsin Carry. www.wisconsincarry.org

Good post and thank you for the information. I can't blame our reps for working on the economy and hopefully we can get Constitutional Carry going before years end.

Once again welcome and I hope to meet you at upcoming events.

protias

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully the budget can be passed quickly so we can have more options to our protection.

dinwi

Thanks

Thanks guys, I plan to join WCI shortly. It seems like the most organized & active group in WI for 2a rights. Wi-Force & WGO seem to be moving along as well, but you guys actually DO STUFF !!! (get togethers & such).

Hope to see you all at events in the future.

D

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Yes We Do!

Thanks guys, I plan to join WCI shortly. It seems like the most organized & active group in WI for 2a rights. Wi-Force & WGO seem to be moving along as well, but you guys actually DO STUFF !!! (get togethers & such).

Hope to see you all at events in the future.

D

Very true about what WCI and it's members DO. I was a member of XXX when I first moved to WI a few years back but after seeing absolutely nothing from them (except letters and emails asking for more donations) I decided to not renew my membership.

WCI was founded and I immediately joined. The reason was quite simple why I joined WCI: When Springfield 1911 was arrested on his own front porch wearing his 1911 because he wouldn't tell the police his name WCI entered the scene. It quickly became apparent that WCI was a real organization that actually stands up and fights the injustices we go through. Take a look on the WCI homepage and see how many lawsuits have been filed in just one years time. How many lawsuits has ANY other "gun rights" organization filed in Wisconsin? If there are any I sure don't know about it which is another reason I am a member of WCI. We always KNOW what WCI is actively doing.

XDFDE45

Welcome to OC and as others have mentioned WCI is the way to go. Check the sticky about the monthly OC GTG at Starbucks in Delavan on the first Sunday and hope to see you there sometime.

Max

Welcome Dinwi. WCI has been blessed with an awesome leadership team and a membership of liberty lovers. I remember early on, when there was a ton of bickering I made the comment, "getting these free thinkers to agree on anything is like herding cats" or something to that affect. Well, our leadership has succeeded in herding us cats in generally the same direction.

jpm84092

Welsome to The Forum - And Please Consider Joining WCI

Welcome Dinwi. WCI has been blessed with an awesome leadership team and a membership of liberty lovers. I remember early on, when there was a ton of bickering I made the comment, "getting these free thinkers to agree on anything is like herding cats" or something to that affect. Well, our leadership has succeeded in herding us cats in generally the same direction.

And having 3 cats myself, I know just how hard it is to herd them.

Welcome to the forum. Let me join in the recommendations of others and invite you to join WCI. I joined and I no longer live in WI. But, I do have a "dog in this fight". I still own a house in WI and have family and friends there.

And yes, some members do share their opinions with "enthusiasm", but for the most part, we all respect each other and are polite. After all, an armed society is a polite society. Except for the few WAVE trolls who penetrate from time to time, we all share one ideal - that is - we all believe it is a God-given right for us to carry a sword (gun) to protect ourselves and our families just as our Lord commanded us to do in the Gospel of Luke.

So, again, welcome to the forum and Carry On My Friend, Proudly Carry On.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
it was still a decent movie :lol: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295701/

welcome to forum dinwi - fyi... Culver's burgers are best when served with a heaping side of WCI :banana:

Of course I had to click on your link. LOL. OK...I was a member of "another" gun rights organization that we all know of and love...."sarcasm". In accordance with the rules of this forum I did not print that organizations name. But.....the hint is it IS local to Wisconsin. And...as far as I know it STILL has not organized ONE SINGLE EVENT FOR OPEN CARRY or anything else involving it's members!

Wisconsin Carry is the way to go. Period! :)

M

McX

Of course I had to click on your link. LOL. OK...I was a member of "another" gun rights organization that we all know of and love...."sarcasm". In accordance with the rules of this forum I did not print that organizations name. But.....the hint is it IS local to Wisconsin. And...as far as I know it STILL has not organized ONE SINGLE EVENT FOR OPEN CARRY or anything else involving it's members!

Wisconsin Carry is the way to go. Period! :)

thusly spoken, or typed- as it were.

dinwi

Thanks Again

Thanks for all the warm welcomes !
It makes me feel better knowing that there is a big group of folks who are like-minded, and not afraid to speak & act on thier convictions.
It seems as I age, my list of friends grows smaller (and closer) since I also speak & act on what I feel is right. The ones that don't share my core beliefs drift away, and those
that do become like family.

Carry on !

D

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the forum :) I was told almost the same thing by my Representative , but he said we might see CC Legislation by Fall if we are lucky. The thing that gets me is. they actually care what the Dems say...We have the Majority in Madison now but it might only last for 2 years so we have to push through everything we want Now to hell with the Dems.