• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

heard back from my rep

oliverclotheshoff

just heard back from my rep that Paul dropped of info for me on my behalf on his field trip to madison and what i get from his letter is he is all about open carry but has a foggy perception of concealed carry in his letter he states "the right to keep and bear arms for security, as a general matter, must permit a person to possess, carry, and sometimes conceal arms to maitain the security of a private residence or privatley operated business and to safely move and store weapons within tose premises" now unless i misunderstood that statute conceal is a no no no matter what or where you are please someone correct me if im wrong.

he does mention WCI in his letter and goes on to say that legislation will pass some sort of conceal carry bill. he also states that a complete repeal of 941.3 without conditions would not happen. he did also state that no arms bill will happen before the budget. but he said he would hang on to the info that was given to him for future refferencing when legislature finallygets to our issuses

thanks Paul

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Sounds like he is repeating the current interpretation of Heller being put out by the antis that the 2nd is a limited right and applying it to Article 25. Looks like WAVE also has been making the rounds.

Last edited:

Max

Oliver, the statutes strictly forbid carrying a concealed firearm, period. BUT our state supreme court ruled that carrying concealed can be allowed should the interest or necessity of carrying concealed outweighs the states interest in forbidding it. This came to be after cases were heard before the court where a shop owner in a crime ridden area of Milwaukee was charged with carrying concealed in his shop. The merchants attorney pointed out that the constitution allows him to carry a fun for protection but it is not only impractical for him to display it openly it is downright dangerous. So the bar is set high to meet the exception to the conceal carry ban and it will be judged on a case by case basis. You must have a compelling need to carry concealed and a judge or a jury will make that decision. This store owner was robbed a few times and actually shot and kill a robber before he was arrested for carrying concealed. He truly had a compelling need.

Listen to the oral arguments in the state v Hamdan case and will learn much. Interesting stuff. Go to the link and on the right click on "playback". http://www.wicourts.gov/supreme/sco...date=&end_date=&party_name=hamdan&sortBy=date

oliverclotheshoff

that is what i understood the law to read as well looks like i am going to have to have a word with my repand straighten him out.