Thread: HB1439 - expanding right to use deadly force

HB1439 - expanding right to use deadly force

Link to text of HB1439

This bill adds language so use of deadly for force in a place of business is specifically mentioned in the statute.

This bill was heard by by the Judiciary committee on 2/14/2010 and was voted by all as Do Pass As Amended.

At this time I can not find what the amendments are. When I do, I will post them here.
    Last edited by hrdware; 02-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.

The original HB1439 had language in it such that you would not be able to use deadly force against someone who "...had the right to be in the place of business or the person against whom the defensive force is used is the owner, manager, or an employee of the business;"

This language has been removed.

House to vote today

HB1439 has been added to the General Order of business for the House Agenda for today, February 16, 2011. I believe the house will go into session around 1:30 this afternoon. Anyone interested in contacting their representative, here is a list. If you don't know who your representative is, there is a link on the left side of the page that will allow you to find out.

Learn something new everyday

So it appears that once a bill goes in to the General Order of House business, they can take it up any time within the next 15 days. So after being in session for 15 minuets today, the house adjourned until 9am tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post
    So it appears that once a bill goes in to the General Order of House business, they can take it up any time within the next 15 days. So after being in session for 15 minuets today, the house adjourned until 9am tomorrow morning.
    So they have 15 days to make a decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirge View Post
    So they have 15 days to make a decision?
    Sometime within the next 15 days they must vote on it or it goes back to committee. It could be tomorrow or it could be next Thursday, who knows.

Ahh i see. thanks!

It is on the calendar for tomorrow, the 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    It is on the calendar for tomorrow, the 17th.
    It was on the calendar for today, the 16th as well. It can ride around in the General Order for up to 15 days before it has to go back to committee. They just have to handle it before 3/3.