• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 506

DCKilla

I see this passing the Senate easily with little or no change. The training requirement/endorsement is so stupid. Why don't the prosecutors and public defenders need training? Oh wait, they're lawyers just like most of the legislature.:banghead:

Q-Tip

From what I can tell, the public defenders and prosecutors do have a training requirement. It's listed right past the long list of people allowed to carry. Also, training is not required for those who have or want to have CHLs, but voluntary training let's you carry anywhere except during court proceedings, places on nuisance, and LEO stations. This would be full school carry, both colleges and K-12. I just hope it's not a step towards mandatory training.

Daylen

Mandatory training is meaningless if we can get 97-37 clarified to not be unconstitutional (remove "or in part).

bushwacker

looks to me the state seems to be conserned about the possibility of civil unrest in the near future hummmm.......maybe they see something coming that we haven't noticed

DCKilla

HB 506 is now on the Senate floor. Looks like it's a go for launch, hopefully, after today.

Last edited:

DCKilla

This was signed by the governor last Friday and will take effect July 1st. It's something I guess. It doesn't cover the "in part" BS, maybe next year.