• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you sick of the quote"its for the safety of the officer"

aluminum3

In my opinion......

To "Agree to disagree" is a cowards way of bowing out and admitting that they will lose if they try to argue their false viewpoint any further.......

Last edited:

rottman43055

Last March whn I held my first OC meet, we where in a small street front church building.

When my son and his girlfriend left the building to walk to their car parked about 30 ft away the Newark police dept swarmed in, put him against his vehicle, handcuffed him, disarmed him and ran his ID. They lied about it later. The cheif sent out an e-mail saying we went looking for a reaction & got it.

When I walked out there and was disarmed, I admit I got loud so all camera's brought by those who was taping out event could hear.

You can hear the cop tell me I was going to jail if I didnt show ID but wouldn't tell me what I done wrong.

I have tried to change the way I feel about police, but I no longer want to.

My son is the one cuffed by the ford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9uq5mMRG6A

JSlack7851

Lets see, most of us don't trust those sworn to uphold the constitution. Why? Experience.

There was Northwood, LEO harassed a man getting ice cream with his daughter.....
Lima, A man and his daughter enjoying a festival.....
Cleveland Heights, man exercising his 2A rights on 4th of July..... at gunpoint on the ground.....won lawsuit....
Norwood, 60 year old man walking in the park...... lawsuit pending....
Most recently, BeaverCreek, 2 guys enjoying a meal...... County Prosecutor sent out memo to all PD's in county, OC is LEGAL, and are not subject to Terry stop, in and on itself.
I had a Park Ranger show me a little note pad that said OC in HIS Park is Illegal, you should of seen the look in his eyes when I told him "his rules weren't worth the paper it was written on."

These are just off of the top of my head, I could look up more, not to mention Rottman's encounter. UNCALLED FOR...

I don't know about taking a chainsaw to the orchard, but just how many bad TREES are there? When you give them a gun and a badge they get a "superiority" complex. Its normal, I guess, human nature. The will LIE, Bully, threaten, bark orders, and do everything in their TRAINING, to get you to forfit your rights.

If you support this kind of action, I just guess you just hope somebody will support your bad actions some day. Any trust here? NO! Trust is EARNED, not owed b/c you strap on a badge and gun.

KBCraig

In my opinion......

To "Agree to disagree" is a cowards way of bowing out and admitting that they will lose if they try to argue their false viewpoint any further.......
Sometimes. And sometimes, it's just a way of acknowledging that neither party is going to budge, and continuing to debate it just results in needless animosity.

Misplaced Texan

Glad to be in Missouri

From the sound of it, I'm sure glad we live in Missouri.
No offense to all ya'll but we ain't got none of ya'lls problems with law enforcement here. Some may, but WE NEVER have. My wife and I are from the Ozarks in southern Missouri and go home quite often, but have lived in central Missouri for the last 10 years. We go into Fulton, Mo., which is the county-seat for Callaway County, all the time for shopping and to do our banking. We have talked to the city police right out in front of their station all while carryin our guns. I know they saw them since niether of em' are lil' pee shooters. I was carryin my nickel plated .357mag. S&W and Donna was wearin a .45 1911. The bank as it just so happens sits across the street from our bank. We've had nice conversations with about all of them at one point or another. I've been on the town square setting up corral panels for the mule pen with thirty local, county, and state cops around during the street fair and not a one of em' ever said boo about why I was carryin my gun. Guess we're just lucky as hell to have great police officers here. 4 months ago, I sat out on the hood of my ranger talkin with a state patrolman in front of Arby's at Kingdom City about guns, holsters, calibers, $ of ammo these days and where to find the best deals, politics & huntin. Took the wife and son out to a chinese resturant in Columbia and no one there made that MWAG call. Been to walmarts all over the state and never a problem. Hasn't ever seemed to matter where we go in the state, we haven't had any problems with LEO's. All the one's we've dealt with so far, have been a bunch of freedom loving guys and ladies.
Yep, I'm sure glad we live in Missouri.

Deanimator

We go into Fulton, Mo., which is the county-seat for Callaway County, all the time for shopping and to do our banking.
The only county in the United States to ever secede from the Union and declare itself a kingdom! Also the setting for the book and movie "Kings Row", a largely TRUE story.

I went to Westminster in the '70s. I used to see one of the farmers open carry all the time when he went to the Callaway Bank to make deposits.

Some friends and I had some problems with the wannabe "hitman" bodyguard of the incompetent drug dealer who lived across the hall from me in Weigle Hall. He, his "boss" and a bunch of fraternity pledges got expelled after the boss took a bunch of money for dope from the pledges and didn't deliver the product, leading to a confrontation in the dorm. He threatened to have us killed. We went to the Fulton PD who told us that there was nothing they could do, but that as soon as one of us was injured or killed, they'd spring right into action. We went to Ted Sammons, the Sheriff, who essentially told us the same thing. He however pointedly noted that Missouri took self-defense very seriously. Some of us took the hint and started carrying concealed illegally after that. Between that and witnessing police service in Chicago being denied on the basis of race, all of my illusions that police are there to "protect" individuals disappeared permanently.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Last March whn I held my first OC meet, we where in a small street front church building.

When my son and his girlfriend left the building to walk to their car parked about 30 ft away the Newark police dept swarmed in, put him against his vehicle, handcuffed him, disarmed him and ran his ID. They lied about it later. The cheif sent out an e-mail saying we went looking for a reaction & got it.

When I walked out there and was disarmed, I admit I got loud so all camera's brought by those who was taping out event could hear.

You can hear the cop tell me I was going to jail if I didnt show ID but wouldn't tell me what I done wrong.

I have tried to change the way I feel about police, but I no longer want to.

My son is the one cuffed by the ford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9uq5mMRG6A

Wow. That cop was an incredibly un-Constitutional impersonator of a real law enforcement officer.

The cover-up Chief was worse.

MK

From the sound of it, I'm sure glad we live in Missouri.
No offense to all ya'll but we ain't got none of ya'lls problems with law enforcement here. Some may, but WE NEVER have.

Yes, I am glad I live in Missouri and I also have yet to encounter any problems with Law Enforcement while OC'ing but I did have a container in my car opened and searched at a sobriety checkpoint and my firearm removed from it. I also explicitly stated that I don't consent to any searches and was removed from my vehicle for choosing to exercise my right of not answering questions. I was also lied to by the state trooper there in Jefferson City about my rights as well as my right to decline a field sobriety test. They had no probable cause to detain me. Their only reason was because I didn't wish to answer personal questions about myself or my travel.

Columbia, just a stones throw north of us here in Jefferson City, is notorious for police abuse and misconduct complaints.

I do love where I live but am under no illusions that our police are any better or any different than any other random location in this country. These same types of scenarios can just as easily play out here as well, just ask Brett Darrow for starters.