Thread: New Carry pistol - Beretta 92f compact; help with magazines

New Carry pistol - Beretta 92f compact; help with magazines

Hi everyone, first post here and love the site. Hoping for the FL OC law to pass this summer, but for now...

I just got a gently used beretta 92f compact 9mm for a great price, but it's only one of two beretta models to ever use an 8-round single stack magazine; it came with a common 10-round magazine that works just fine for it, but it sticks out the bottom an extra inch or so, and I'd love to find one of the 8-rounders to avoid that extra bulge. I haven't had much luck, so if anyone knows where I could find one, please me know.

Thanks,
    Chris

I did a google search and it had an expired auction on GunBroker.com. You might check there.

Also http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...zines/UD8A0131 - $60

Hey,
    Thanks I forgot I even posted this thread! Thanks for the link. I actually found and ordered one from another company in CA. Still hasen't arrived though over 2 weeks later. Do they have a 10-day waiting period on gun parts?

Activist Member
    Is it the compact type M? The type M uses the single stack 8 round magazines, and I haven't heard of any 10 round magazines that it would be compatible with.

The non-type M compact uses double stack magazines, and is designed to use a 13 round flush fit magazine like this one http://www.cdnninvestments.com/be92co9mm13m.html ($20 CDNN.) The 10 round crippled magazines from the assault weapons ban for the full size 92FS would definitely stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    Do they have a 10-day waiting period on gun parts?
    No, although I wouldn't put it past our fair PRK.

Quote Originally Posted by Felid`Maximus View Post
    Is it the compact type M? The type M uses the single stack 8 round magazines.
    Yes that's what it is, and it was extremely difficult to find the 8-round single stack mag. The gun came with a 10 round single-stack mag, and I found an additional one quite easily at another pawn shop. Whatever the standard Beretta (and Taurus) 10-round mags normally go in, they fit just fine in the M-compact, they just stick out the bottom a little.