• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC Resturaunt and Park Carry Bill Filed!!!

aosailor

If i understand this, this is just an amendment, or an add on to current law. so this law says that i can now carry into all restaurants, but there is still law that prohibits me from carrying into places that serves booze by the drink, like most restaurants.... sooo I'm confused?

sultan62

Basically, if it passes as is, CHP holders will be able to carry into any restaurant which receives at least 30% of its revenue from all food and drinks from food and nonalcoholic rinks.

As in, if all food and drinks amounts to revenue of $100, then at least $30 would have to be from food and nonalcoholic drinks.

mekender

If i understand this, this is just an amendment, or an add on to current law. so this law says that i can now carry into all restaurants, but there is still law that prohibits me from carrying into places that serves booze by the drink, like most restaurants.... sooo I'm confused?

No this is an amendment to current law that adds an exception for CHP holders so that they can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.

billv

I'd love to see a statute that required anywhere the state disallows guns (such as courthouses) to require some form of (free) weapons check. If they aren't going to let us carry in there, we should be able to store our weapons so we don't have to leave them at home or in our cars when we go to the courthouse.

+10 on that.

chiefjason

FYI, this is for city/county parks only. Just got this clarification from my Rep in the House.

"Jason, Yes, it’s for city and county parks. Mitch"

chiefjason

Well, we can carry in National Parks now, but I don't recall offhand about State Parks.

Nope, no carry in state parks.

15A NCAC 12B .0901 FIREARMS: WEAPONS: EXPLOSIVES
(a) No person except authorized park employees, their agents, or contractors, or officers of the state shall carry or possess firearms, airguns, bows and arrows, sling shots, or lethal missiles of any kind within any park.

http://reports.oah.state.nc.us/ncac...ea rules/subchapter b/15a ncac 12b .0901.html

mekender

papa bear

when i saw this bill , i wanted to jump for joy :banana: this is a subject i have been pushing for for a good while now. i immediately sent off emails to my state rep. encouraging them to support it . please do the same. i know this does apply more to cc, but at least it will get our foot in the door. and maybe some day all public owned property will have to respect the 2nd amendment

rotorhead

From what I read it applies only to CC. I still don't like it and don't see why it would be such a hard thing to change it to include OC as well.

cricketdad

From what I read it applies only to CC. I still don't like it and don't see why it would be such a hard thing to change it to include OC as well.

Contact the bill sponsor, Mark Hilton, and ask him if HB111 could be changed while it is in committee.
All that needs to be done is to add this to 14-2693a

except an establishment that is a restaurant under 8 G.S. 18B-1000(2) or G.S. 18B-1000(6).

Last edited:

rotorhead

Contact the bill sponsor, Mark Hilton, and ask him if HB111 could be changed while it is in committee.
All that needs to be done is to add this to 14-2693a

except an establishment that is a restaurant under 8 G.S. 18B-1000(2) or G.S. 18B-1000(6).

I believe I will. Thanks for the info :)