Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Come and support Orange County open carry at there 1st OC dinner meet

  1. #1
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67

    Come and support Orange County open carry at there 1st OC dinner meet

    Come join Orange County open carry on March 1st for there first OC dinner event. Enjoy great Mexican food and the company of like minded people all are welcome family and friends..
    2A friendly business RSVP and info @ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126310077441793

    If your not on facebook PM me for details
    Last edited by OC KIMBER; 02-16-2011 at 11:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912
    Tentative.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  3. #3
    Regular Member teemgreen99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    72
    I will for sure be there

  4. #4
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Event location has changed PM me or check on facebook

  5. #5
    Regular Member A ECNALG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    138
    And if RobertSmith brings his laptop along, I will bring my DVDs of the 1-16-2011 Lake Forest event (25 mins) and the infamous 1-3-2010 San Pedro event (9 mins). Of course, it would be helpful if we are not seated in a high decibel environment.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ryanburbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long beach ca, , USA
    Posts
    299
    Sounds good. Wife kids and I will hope to be there. As long as I don't get stuck at work too late we should make it.

    Just curious do you plan on calling the local LEO and informing them of the dinner?

    See ya soon.

    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    free food?

  8. #8
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    Sounds good. Wife kids and I will hope to be there. As long as I don't get stuck at work too late we should make it.

    Just curious do you plan on calling the local LEO and informing them of the dinner?

    See ya soon.

    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

    James Taranto
    Ryan LEO will be notified the day of the event.

  9. #9
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by xnetc9 View Post
    free food?
    Only if your buying for everyone!

  10. #10
    Regular Member A ECNALG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by OC KIMBER View Post
    Ryan LEO will be notified the day of the event.
    Only a thought...but notification a day in advance would give HBPD the opportunity to have the information included of their March 1st morning briefing.

    Notification the day of is fine, but will in no way limit their response, either in terms of arranging a welcoming committee, or if they should be called by a concerned citizen.


    Bring those video and voice recorders, in any event. And dress accordingly.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    oh come on! u guys should treat me to a free steak dinner since i had davis jason send a pre-litigation letter to over 7 orange county police for me and on behalf of orange county open carriers at my expense! . the letter notifies the police departments to stop harassing and have guns pointed in our face as part of an e-check. if it happens again, we have already set grounds for a lawsuit.

    Last edited by xnetc9; 02-26-2011 at 10:09 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member teemgreen99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    72

    Letters?

    xnetc9, we would prefer that any letters that you choose to send out be on your behalf not on the behalf of "Orange County Open Carry" as you clearly have a different relationship with LEO than many others. Any letters sent out on behalf of a group should be given to the group to read first hand. Thank you for your understanding.

  13. #13
    Regular Member hgreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by xnetc9 View Post
    oh come on! u guys should treat me to a free steak dinner since i had davis jason send a pre-litigation letter to over 7 orange county police for me and on behalf of orange county open carriers at my expense! . the letter notifies the police departments to stop harassing and have guns pointed in our face as part of an e-check. if it happens again, we have already set grounds for a lawsuit.

    I hope this is a joke...

    People spend their time volunteering for open carry not because they are in it for some reward, but because they believe in the cause.
    Many of us have spent lots of our personal money on legal fees and other costs to support the open carry cause so that others can have an easier time in the future. Not to mention the countless man hours that have gone into coordinating events, working with LEOs, on and on...
    I think the fact that any of us are on this forum and running events shows that we all deserve a nice meal bought for us. But we're not in it for free food...
    Last edited by hgreen; 02-27-2011 at 01:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by teemgreen99 View Post
    xnetc9, we would prefer that any letters that you choose to send out be on your behalf not on the behalf of "Orange County Open Carry" as you clearly have a different relationship with LEO than many others. Any letters sent out on behalf of a group should be given to the group to read first hand. Thank you for your understanding.
    oh of course! the letter has no mention of the group. it was just for me, but the letter sets rights for all UOC in OC. get it? I was joking about the free dinner. i don't expect anything from this group.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    I hope this is a joke...

    People spend their time volunteering for open carry not because they are in it for some reward, but because they believe in the cause.
    Many of us have spent lots of our personal money on legal fees and other costs to support the open carry cause so that others can have an easier time in the future. Not to mention the countless man hours that have gone into coordinating events, working with LEOs, on and on...
    I think the fact that any of us are on this forum and running events shows that we all deserve a nice meal bought for us. But we're not in it for free food...
    yea it is a joke. you guys open carry because you guys want to. i do it because i HAVE to, for my own safety. i'd much prefer CCW if this dumb county allows it without paying up the butt for it with classes and $$$.

    UOC efforts work best this way:

    UOC by yourself daily. don't be scared to do it yourself. if you get harassed and so on, get a lawyer and sue them. several hits to the police department wallet will learn them good. that's what i do and that's what my gf does.

    thanks to the letters sent out to many orange county pd, i haven't gotten harassed since then. I stood on the side of the street with my gun holstered. two santa ana police cops drove by, slowed down to glance at my gun and smiled then drove away.

    went to DSW in orange, gas stations, walmart, supermarkets, etc.... 60% sheep didn't even see my gun. the 40% that did stared at it and walked away from me. store employees had no problems. saw orange pd drove by but they probably didn't notice. saw a few customers pick up the phone and called 911 to report "guy with a gun". no cops showed up... so far so good! 1 out of 100 people make a comment about the gun like "you are allowed to carry gun in holster, right?"

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC KIMBER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Huntington beach, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Just a reminder tomorrow is the day March 1st 7-9 pm
    Aztecas Fine Mexican Food
    17491 Beach Boulevard
    Huntington Beach, CA 92647
    See you all there!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912
    I may not be there... still moving. I'll try to stop by, though.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •