• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Come and support Orange County open carry at there 1st OC dinner meet

A ECNALG

And if RobertSmith brings his laptop along, I will bring my DVDs of the 1-16-2011 Lake Forest event (25 mins) and the infamous 1-3-2010 San Pedro event (9 mins). Of course, it would be helpful if we are not seated in a high decibel environment.

ryanburbridge

Sounds good. Wife kids and I will hope to be there. As long as I don't get stuck at work too late we should make it.

Just curious do you plan on calling the local LEO and informing them of the dinner?

See ya soon.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

OC KIMBER

Sounds good. Wife kids and I will hope to be there. As long as I don't get stuck at work too late we should make it.

Just curious do you plan on calling the local LEO and informing them of the dinner?

See ya soon.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Ryan LEO will be notified the day of the event.

A ECNALG

Ryan LEO will be notified the day of the event.

Only a thought...but notification a day in advance would give HBPD the opportunity to have the information included of their March 1st morning briefing.

Notification the day of is fine, but will in no way limit their response, either in terms of arranging a welcoming committee, or if they should be called by a concerned citizen.

Bring those video and voice recorders, in any event. And dress accordingly.

xnetc9

oh come on! u guys should treat me to a free steak dinner since i had davis jason send a pre-litigation letter to over 7 orange county police for me and on behalf of orange county open carriers at my expense! :(. the letter notifies the police departments to stop harassing and have guns pointed in our face as part of an e-check. if it happens again, we have already set grounds for a lawsuit.

ocp-omni-consumer-products-93327.jpg

Last edited:

teemgreen99

Letters?

xnetc9, we would prefer that any letters that you choose to send out be on your behalf not on the behalf of "Orange County Open Carry" as you clearly have a different relationship with LEO than many others. Any letters sent out on behalf of a group should be given to the group to read first hand. Thank you for your understanding.

hgreen

oh come on! u guys should treat me to a free steak dinner since i had davis jason send a pre-litigation letter to over 7 orange county police for me and on behalf of orange county open carriers at my expense! :(. the letter notifies the police departments to stop harassing and have guns pointed in our face as part of an e-check. if it happens again, we have already set grounds for a lawsuit.

ocp-omni-consumer-products-93327.jpg

I hope this is a joke...

People spend their time volunteering for open carry not because they are in it for some reward, but because they believe in the cause.
Many of us have spent lots of our personal money on legal fees and other costs to support the open carry cause so that others can have an easier time in the future. Not to mention the countless man hours that have gone into coordinating events, working with LEOs, on and on...
I think the fact that any of us are on this forum and running events shows that we all deserve a nice meal bought for us. But we're not in it for free food...

Last edited:

xnetc9

xnetc9, we would prefer that any letters that you choose to send out be on your behalf not on the behalf of "Orange County Open Carry" as you clearly have a different relationship with LEO than many others. Any letters sent out on behalf of a group should be given to the group to read first hand. Thank you for your understanding.

oh of course! the letter has no mention of the group. it was just for me, but the letter sets rights for all UOC in OC. get it? I was joking about the free dinner. i don't expect anything from this group.

xnetc9

I hope this is a joke...

People spend their time volunteering for open carry not because they are in it for some reward, but because they believe in the cause.
Many of us have spent lots of our personal money on legal fees and other costs to support the open carry cause so that others can have an easier time in the future. Not to mention the countless man hours that have gone into coordinating events, working with LEOs, on and on...
I think the fact that any of us are on this forum and running events shows that we all deserve a nice meal bought for us. But we're not in it for free food...

yea it is a joke. you guys open carry because you guys want to. i do it because i HAVE to, for my own safety. i'd much prefer CCW if this dumb county allows it without paying up the butt for it with classes and $$$.

UOC efforts work best this way:

UOC by yourself daily. don't be scared to do it yourself. if you get harassed and so on, get a lawyer and sue them. several hits to the police department wallet will learn them good. that's what i do and that's what my gf does.

thanks to the letters sent out to many orange county pd, i haven't gotten harassed since then. I stood on the side of the street with my gun holstered. two santa ana police cops drove by, slowed down to glance at my gun and smiled then drove away.

went to DSW in orange, gas stations, walmart, supermarkets, etc.... 60% sheep didn't even see my gun. the 40% that did stared at it and walked away from me. store employees had no problems. saw orange pd drove by but they probably didn't notice. saw a few customers pick up the phone and called 911 to report "guy with a gun". no cops showed up... so far so good! 1 out of 100 people make a comment about the gun like "you are allowed to carry gun in holster, right?"

OC KIMBER

Just a reminder tomorrow is the day March 1st 7-9 pm
Aztecas Fine Mexican Food
17491 Beach Boulevard
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
See you all there!!