Thread: Examiner.com - Campus carry: why not?

Examiner.com - Campus carry: why not?

Primarily, the argument against removing the restriction seems to be one of idealism, in that places of education are somehow hallowed ground and should be havens from the perceived hazards of guns on campus. Unfortunately, wishing for something does not necessarily make it so.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Campus carry: why not? - Ft. Myers Gun Rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...#ixzz1E4ZMxz5s
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    Primarily, the argument against removing the restriction seems to be one of idealism, in that places of education are somehow hallowed ground and should be havens from the perceived hazards of guns on campus. Unfortunately, wishing for something does not necessarily make it so.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Campus carry: why not? - Ft. Myers Gun Rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...#ixzz1E4ZMxz5s
    I can't think of any events where someone ignored a School's or the Law's ban on guns, and took advantage of the helpless and dumb people who were in such a place as protecting yourself was not allowed.

[/sarcasm]

Is it not odd that the very same people who want to ban guns are also showing us how much we need them?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

ALL colleges/universities, or just State institutions?

I'm at a private university, so I'm confused if the bill's wording will provide for legal concealed/open carry at ALL institutions?
    I'll just be glad for the parking lot issue so I can have it with me to/from campus, but ideally it'll allow legal carry for all...

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    I'm at a private university, so I'm confused if the bill's wording will provide for legal concealed/open carry at ALL institutions?
    I'll just be glad for the parking lot issue so I can have it with me to/from campus, but ideally it'll allow legal carry for all...
    Of course, it all depends on how the statute is determined by the courts. I'm pretty sure there's going to be some attempts to challenge the statute so we'll see how it all shakes out.

Ultimately, the goal is the regard college campuses as normal property. If public, the right to carry would be permitted and protected by statute. The administration would not be allowed to take any action against a student, nor make any policy regarding lawfully carried and owned firearms. If private, the administration would be permitted to have a policy against firearms, and enforce that policy through sanctions. However, the only criminal action that could be initiated by the school would be that of trespass if a carrier were discovered and refused to leave.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)